1,530 results
All reviews sante restaurant bathing ritual valet staff water tower golf club self parking wine country main pool lobby bar junior suite complimentary bottle of wine main building hot springs beautiful property fitness center resort fee a nice touch
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The grounds of the hotel are lovely and the breakfast in the restaurant was pretty good.
Hotel staff was helpful and the shuttle service was great.
The rooms however need updating. I’ve stayed in many 4 and 5 start hotels around the world and although the demand seemed to be high in the area at the time of booking, I do not think the rooms justified the price. The bathroom was old and dated, carpet could be re-done and over all interior was lacking. The bed, however was very comfortable.
Maybe it was just the room we received, but it did not meet my expectations of a Fairmont property.
All that being said, if the rate is right, it’s not a bad choice and the other amenities help.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
EJROE, General Manager at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear SSfitzy,
Thank you so much for selecting Fairmont Sonoma Mission In & Spa as the place to stay while you were recently exploring Sonoma and Wine Country. In addition, please accept my sincerest apologies for the disappointments with your room, as I will send you a direct message through TripAdvisor to learn the room number that you were staying in to ensure we are able to review and enhance the room to ensure we fix any deficiencies with it. Also, thank you too for highlighting the helpful and great service you received, along with the comfy bed.
Looking forward to connecting with you, and apologies once more.
Yours sincerely and thank you,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Ugh....booked this hotel through VISA CONCIERGE LUXURY HOTEL GROUP which entitled us to a free upgrade, free breakfast, and some other perks. I would have expected that Visa would have vetted all the properties that they market, but they certainly have not vetted this one.

Let me be clear about one thing, had I spent $300 a night, I may have been satisfied with what I got. But at double that cost, almost $600 (US Dollars)a night, I was expecting something worthy. I've stayed in Comfort Inn's that have been way nicer than this!

This hotel is worn. Everything is outdated. Upon check in we were told that our room had been upgraded to the luxury suites building. However, it was clear from the moment we entered the building that it was anything other than luxurious.

First impressions, the elevator was old, dirty, and smelly. We were on the third floor, and it looked like a unclean basement corridor with cracked dirty tiles. Even the wall lamp outside our room was smashed and broken.

Inside the room was not much better. The old worn carpet had burn holes and was a bit smelly. The decor looked as if it was from the early 90's. And the washroom...oh the washroom... I didn't even want to walk on the floor barefoot. There was a shower with some strange timer light that made a terrible humming sound when you turned it on...and if you didn't turn it on, you could not see. There was no actual light in the shower. The floor was, of course, cracked. The fixtures were old...everything was a disappointment.

There was a fireplace in front of the bed which we decided to light...big mistake! I don't think the room is properly vented. I awoke in the middle of the night coughing, and the ash smell stayed in the room for our entire stay afterwards. In fact, when came back to the room after a day out, the room cleaner had left the window wide open...i assume to try and get rid of the choking ashy smell.

When we left we asked to see the manager. We were informed that the "upgraded luxury suites" have not been renovated..umh....yes, obviously! So why were we put there if they are in fact not luxury? The response we were given, and I paraphrase "they are the larger rooms".

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Doug A,
On behalf of myself, and the entire team, please accept our utmost sincerest apologies with regards to not only your disappointing stay, but also for our response upon departure. These poor experiences are neither indicative of the fine level of personalized service that we are striving for, nor are they reflective of the relaxing experience that we are passionate about creating for all our guests. Therefore, I will be reaching out to you with a direct message as it’s certainly my desire to personally apologize to you in person, and to also reassure you that the burnt carpet and broken wall sconce is already being fixed today, and being replaced in the next couple of days.
Yours sincerely and with apologies,
Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn& Spa

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

My wife and I got the spa and king suite package with breakfast, which for a Fairmont package seemed great. We showed up to early for check in but wanted to check in before our spa treatments started, reception politely told us that our room was not ready but he would text me when it would be(generally a forbes rated hotel offers something at check in..nothing offered). We said ok no problem we have spa treatments anyway. At the spa the pools were nice, facility was clean and well maintained. Our treatments were around 3:30pm and it seemed as though the masseuse was rushing to get threw the session like I was the last client of the day...not very relaxing. By the time our session was done I was expecting a text for the room, and no text was sent. So we went to the front desk again to check in (again nothing offered no water, someone to grab our bags, nothing). we get to the room and we loved it! However, there were bugs covering the curtains and above the tub surrounding the light. Went to the reception and show pictures of the bugs and asked for a room change. They said no problem, but failed to tell me that the hotel was fully booked and that it would not be the same type of room. The new room(bridesmaid staging room) did not have the same amenities that the other room had, and we slept on a murphy bed. Breakfast at Sante we had lipstick on the coffee mug and the chilaquiles tasted like it had been sitting in a hotel pan all morning and reheated under the broiler to serve. Honestly, I have stayed at BestWesterns that had better service than this place.

• Stayed: November 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear chefRK_traveler,
On behalf of myself, and the entire team here st Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, please accept our sincerest apologies for the service breakdowns and disappointments during your and your husbands recent spa getaway. It certainly seems we made some oversights in our service delivery, and with our personalized engaging service, therefore I have already taken the liberty of sharing your poor experiences with my team inorder to help us ubderstand what went wrong. In addition, I will personally be reaching out to you to allow me the opportunity to personally apologize.
Looking forward to connecting with you, and apologies once more.
Yours sincerely,

Reviewed November 3, 2018

The title says it all, as for my personal experience what was billed as a spa suite turned out to be a big room with a jet tub in the bathroom. Not the kind of suite you would intuitively price at $1,000 a night.
The spa itself, I cannot comment on, as I was not able to get them to honor the reservation they confirmed, and declined the incredibly thoughtless offer to split the treatment I had booked for my spouse and myself into 4 different times during the day, as if we would have wanted to wait around, and for one another, the full day.
Overall, be it the spa, the parking attendant, or the hotel staff in general, the common denominator it seemed was a sense of entitlement, and carefree attitude to let us feel with not doubt that we were there to accommodate them, not they to serve us, never mind who was paying whose salary.
Not a place that aligns with the generally good service and accommodation foudn through the Fairmont chain.

Room Tip: We weren't fortunate enough to have a good room,so I woildn't know
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
EJROE, General Manager at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear C.F.
On behalf of the entire team here at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, please accept all our sincerest apologies for the service breakdowns and oversights that occurred during you recent stay with us here at the Resort. I would certainly like to reassure you that your poor experiences certainly aren’t indicative of the fine level of personalized service and experiences that we are trying to create for all our guests. Therefore, I have already taken the liberty of following up with my Spa leadership team to understand, and to learn, what caused our shortcomings with your and your spouses spa appointment/s.
In addition, I will send you a direct message through TripAdvisor in the hope we can connect.
Yours sincerely and apologies once more,
Fairmont Sonoma Mission In & Spa

Reviewed October 30, 2018

I had a lobster omelet with egg whites that melted in my mouth and filled with lobster. My husband had the crab Benedict which was huge and delicious. Excellent and gracious service. My English muffin was toasted to perfection and served with two homemade jams.

Stayed: October 2018
EJROE, General Manager at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2018

Dear cwilkecat,
On behalf of myself, and the entire team here at Fairmont Sonoma Mission Inn & Spa, thank you so much for posting this amazing 5 Star Tripadvisor review regarding your recent experiences while enjoying breakfast in Santé as I will definitely be sharing your extremely nice comments with both the Santé and Culinary teams.
Thank you once again and looking forward to be welcoming you back in the very near future.
Yours sincerely,