All reviews quiche continental breakfast biscotti busy corner pool area wine country pool and hot tub pastries beautiful landscaping sonoma market road noise nice pool hard boiled eggs great place to stay would definitely stay here again wine tasting short drive
Reviewed September 22, 2017

We had planned on staying here while visiting Sonoma. We had booked through Booking.com and unfortunately had to cancel, but planned on rescheduling for our way back from LA.
I guess I missed that the first night would be billed to my credit card at the time of booking . My mistake.

We cancelled.
The amount was refunded but I lost out on the exchange quite significantly.
I reached out to see if there was anything they could do top help comp the loss, being that we would be back and I hadn't seen that the first night would be billed and this is the message I received back.

Two weeks after the original message was sent...

"When reserving on Booking.com with El Pueblo Inn it shows you several times that we require the first night and tax as soon as the reservation has been made. You should have seen it well before you enter your information to reserve the room as well as before you confirm and finally on your confirmation.
Regarding the money conversion gains and losses, that is the way the world currency conversion works . Sometimes you win and save money, other times you do not. We are only responsible for refunding you what was originally processed, $256.48 USD, which has been refunded.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Jessica Shatto
General Manager"

May I say that I understand how conversion rates work and it's unfortunate that I didn't see the first night charge. I'll take that as my own fault.
Be that as it may, I found the reply rude and condescending. Are they not in the hospitality business?

Is it unheard of to acknowledge my concern and regrettably inform me there's nothing they can do?

Similarly, I found the same rude tone in interactions on the phone when I called to inquire about amenities.

Needless to say, we will not be stopping at El Pueblo on our way back. There's plenty of other hotels in this price range that are situated in a much nicer setting with more pleasant hosts.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Kaala S, Owner at El Pueblo Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2017

Dear Meesha83,

I'm very sorry to hear of the difficulties you encountered with your booking recently. Please accept my apology on behalf of all of us at El Pueblo Inn for the confusion and miscommunication.

We are often recognized for our excellent customer service and I am disappointed that your interactions did not reflect the level of service we are known for.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you to Sonoma valley in the future.

Warmly,

Kaala Stewart
El Pueblo Inn

Reviewed September 14, 2017

Elizabeth Long was superb, great source of info and soo friendly, helpful and accommodating! Hotel was a bit dated but overall, rooms and baths are spacious, included breakfast is great and pool wonderful! Located close enough to Sonoma Square as well. Highly recommend!!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2017

Location was on a busy street but pretty close to the square; older motel which had been given a few shiny touches this decade. Linens/towels seemed clean. We were only there for 1 night for a wedding but it was Friday night and we paid 3 times what we should have! Most accommodations in this geographical area (wine country) are atrociously over-priced for what you get. Not worth the money. Too bad because it is very lovely with a lot of history.

Room Tip: No tips; won't stay there again.
Reviewed August 15, 2017

We stayed as a family of four in one room for a couple of nights. Staff were great and allowed us access into the room even though we were very early. We drove to the plaza as it was very hot but you could have walked. Good breakfast - which was topped up all the time. Motel was busy with a mix of international customers. Sweet pool area with pool towels provided.

Reviewed August 15, 2017

We arrived for a couple of nights at the El Pueblo Inn having been staying at the very swish Solage in Calistoga, so this was... different. In fact, it was absolutely fine, with comfortable beds, terrific showers, and a pretty, if small, pool set in really lovely gardens. It's a classic motel, with good extras, including a breakfast room with an adequate continental breakfast laid on, and a small but ok gyn. It's convenient for wineries and a bit of travelling around the Sonoma countryside, which is really lovely. Downtown is a short cab ride away. We had a good time here, but it's not a destination hotel, and doesn't claim to be. Good value.

Room Tip: Choose ground floor rooms if mobility is an issue as there are no lifts.
1  Thank Emily F