All reviews sonoma square wine club inlaid wood wine tasting room hotel small hotel pastries room facing the square nearby bakery wine country tasting room beautiful hotel hotel guests small balcony beautiful room each morning bed and breakfast
Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is an excellent choice for a couples romantic get away. My husband and I loved this place and now that he has passed away, I go with my best friend. All the amenities are above and beyond. Michelle is the best!! She will make sure your stay is wonderful and memorable. Make sure you go to the Ledson winery too out Sonoma Highway for the best wine tasting ever. Ask for Jerry as he will take care of you, for sure.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 28, 2014

My wife and I recently spent two days at the Ledson hotel and we were very pleased with the service, the cleanliness and the charm of the accommodations. The staff at the Ledson actually made you feel as if they were truly pleased to have you as their guest. The hotel itself is an absolutely beautiful facility exuding victorian charm. The restaurant was quite good. The food was delicious and again the service was excellent. Also with your reservation you will be offered a private, no cost, wine tasting at their vineyard, which is really a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: My only advice is to make sure that you request the front rooms facing the Sonoma Plaza. You will have a really nice view from the front, while the back rooms the view is of a parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard A
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We arrived to check in but had a bit of difficulty figuring out where we should go since there is no lobby. The bartender saw we appeared lost and helped us out. Angel took care of our luggage and I can't say enough about Angel. He is a jack of all trades in the hotel and took excellent care of us. Our room looked out over the square and was very nice. The bathroom was very large but the jetted tub was in the main room. The fireplace was gas and controlled by thermostat so would turn off if it got too hot in the room. The balcony is pretty tiny but will accommodate 2 people. Overall the room gets a thumbs up from us.
Breakfast comes with the room and may be served either in the room or downstairs in the restaurant area and is served from 8:30 to 10:30. We had to leave on the second morning to catch a flight so were unable to have breakfast. The first morning I called Angel to find out where it was going to be served and he told me downstairs and he was running a few minutes early so we should come down early. We did this but another employee seemed a bit put out that we were down early and commented that breakfast didn't start until 8:30.
We booked the room months early and credit cards are charged at booking. If you are a club member then you get points for your stay plus a 5% discount. We did some tastings at the bar and decided we'd join the club. I assumed our stay would be able to get points and the 5% discount applied to the room but I was wrong. The rationale given was the room was already paid for therefore it didn't count. I didn't find this rationale compelling and my wife and I debated whether or not we would join the club over this issue. We scheduled a private tasting at the Ledson Castle and were completely won over by the young lady that conducted the tasting. She was the deciding factor on joining the club. The wines were excellent by the way.
The hotel gets 4 stars from us instead of 5 for two reasons. First is the issue of the stay not counting as a club stay. It may be a minor issue but it is a bit of a negative as far as customer service goes. The second issue is we were a bit offended when we were told to come downstairs early for breakfast by one employee and then mildly scolded by another for doing so.
We will stay at the Ledson again if we find ourselves in Sonoma.

Room Tip: There are only 6 rooms. Three overlook the town square and three overlook the back parking lot. Our pick would be the center room on the front side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2014

The rooms were amazing, hot tub, fireplace, beautifully decorated, so romantic. You have to check in at restaurant downstairs which was a little confusing at first, but the customer service was very friendly and helpful. You are right in the square, but our room was quite.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This was our first time staying at Ledson, and it won't be the last. The hotel was immensely charming and beautiful. The service was also impeccable. We were promptly greeted upon arrival and helped upstairs with the bags. The room (Noble) was stunning: the open beams, small balcony overlooking the street, and expansive bathroom made for a very nice stay. We slept well, the room was clean, and we were delighted with the breakfast delivered to our room the next morning. The fruit mix was delicious. If you are looking for a charming stay, look no further than the Ledson.

Room Tip: We were in the Noble room, which had a balcony overlooking the square in Sonoma. Would request this room again.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple