Open today: 11:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Book In Advance

Ways to Experience Gundlach Bundschu Winery
from US$399.00
from US$131.76
from US$109.00
More Info
All reviews gun bun tasting room swiss army gewürztraminer cave tour wine tasting great wine fun tasting pretty grounds beautiful grounds picnic area gift shop wine club staff was friendly great history sonoma square private tasting
Reviewed December 31, 2017

My family and I made this our first stop from SF to Napa. The parking is just a dirt area, which lowered our expectations of the vineyard. We opted for just wine tasting so skipped on tours. We got there around 3:30ish and were lucky enough to get a table outside on the patio. However, the property was closing early due to an event. While the event is understandable, I wish someone had told us that when we made the reservation - or at least on their site. It looked like there were multiple locations for wine tasting but we didn't venture past the patio.
All of us opted for wine tasting and they were very generous with their pours. Additionally, they were willing to re-pour certain wines if you liked them more than later ones coming up.
The cab was good as well - I liked it as good table wine and reasonable. I did not sign up for wine club but will be looking to buy the wine for casual drinking.

The patio area is also wonderfully set up - it faces their pond and their fields, which makes for wonderful scenery.

Kim C, Manager at Gundlach Bundschu Winery, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2018

Hi Anish,

Thank you so much for you review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the Courtyard setting & were able to taste thru our wines. I am curious to know when the date of your visit was? We hardly ever close early or change our hours, so I'm wondering what could have been going on. Thank you for your feedback - I am totally on board with fixing the parking situation! Hope to hear back from you.

Cheers!
Kim

Reviewed December 18, 2017

We went to Gundlach Bundschau Winery. It was started in 1870 and is the 64th winery started in California. The grounds of this winery are very nice. There is picnic areas, murals, and hiking trails. There is also a nice water view. They also do events.

We enjoyed wine tasting at this historic winery. There is also a gift store.

Staff is very nice.

Reviewed December 11, 2017

We visited the Gundlach Bundschu Winery before the horrible fires in Sonoma and Napa Valleys this fall and we were relieved to find out they survived with little damage. What a beautiful property! We took the cave tour and found it extremely informative and interesting. Our tour guide (her name was Cat or Kat) was very knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor. Of course, we had wine tastings as well and their wines are excellent; we bought several bottles. Overall, a great experience. Don't miss this one when visiting Sonoma Valley.

Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I are not big wine people and we do not pretend to know a lot but we did enjoy the wine tasting at Gundlach Bundschu! It’s a beautiful tasting room with an even more beautiful patio with views! We had a great time and really enjoyed the atmosphere!

Reviewed November 28, 2017

Really cool tasting room with excellent staff. Obviously very knowledgeable and the gift shop was also fantastic here. A bit younger and cooler than many vineyards in Napa