“Deluxe room with no chairs or dresser?” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Stockton

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Red Roof Inn Stockton
Ranked #11 of 27 Hotels in Stockton
Prescott, Arizona
“Deluxe room with no chairs or dresser?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2011

We needed a place to sleep on the 1000 miles drive from Portland to Los Angeles. We wanted to miss morning traffic, so we skipped Sacramento and chose Stockton. We were unimpressed last year at another hotel, so we chose the Red Roof Inn because they had three beds in their deluxe king room: one king, two doubles. When we arrived around midnight, we loved the easy freeway access and quick check in. The room was okay. Two rooms with the king bed in one room with a desk - no chair. This desk was the only flat surface in both rooms besides the sink area. There were no folding suitcase racks or dressers. We plopped everything on the floor and prepared to sleep. The facial tissue holder in the sink area was completely empty (not even a box). There were two washcloths to share between the three of us, if we didn't want to use the dirty washcloth left on the shower rod. Yes, we could have called the front desk and asked for a fresh washcloth and tissues, but it was midnight and we had been driving since noon.

The freeway noise is quite audible, but it is constant and did not interfere with sleeping. (I grew up near a freeway.)

In the morning, my husband checked out the continental breakfast and said it looked quite stale. We skipped it and went on our way.

Internet worked great and staff was pleasant.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
redroofstockton, Webmaster at Red Roof Inn Stockton, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn for your recent stay in our area.

We also thank you for giving us a review and it is very much appreciated.

Thank you once again for highlighting the positive sides and also take your observations seriously for further improvement.

Glad to note that you liked to hotel staff and also amenities like the internet.

We hope that you shall once again choose our hotel and experience a new hospitality.

Hotel Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2010

Bed comfortable, carpet newer and clean. Bathroom updated and clean. Bedding clean and fresh. Microwave and mini refrigerator newer and clean. Little breakfast snack to send you on your way in the lobby. Right off of I5, we ran a fan to drown out the sound. Price under 70.00 for two adults, one child and a tiny chuahuah. We will crash there again sometime!

• Stayed December 2010
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2010

I would NOT recommend this inn to anyone. The sign from the highway advertising "jacuzzi rooms" was deceiving as the room they set my husband and I up in REEKED of stale cigarette smoke, was poorly decorated, and was complimented only by the smell of VOMIT. Vomit, from the jacuzzi room - which the tub itself had clearly not been used in quite some time as there was a daddy long-legged spider that had called the tub its home, and the water didn't turn on at all.

Someone might have had a good party there at some time, but it was not US. We immediately requested our money back and carried on our way down the highway.

Most disgusting place I've ever experienced - and let this be a note to anyone reading that when the lobby's check-in has bulletproof glass windows to the outside that it's a good indication that you may not want to even give the place a chance.

Keep on heading into Manteca, CA for better places to stay!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lapsa84
Dear Guest,

Thanks for being at the Red Roof Inn to stay during your last visit to our area.

Our apologies for the bad experience you had howsoever.

We have taken your review seriously and appropriate actions are being taken.

Please make a note of the same.

Hotel Manager.

Travellers are raving about these Stockton hotels

tulsa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

I also stopped at both Motel 6s in West Stockton and decided not to stay due to seedy surroundings and inhabitants !
I checked for more motels on GPS and was surprised to find this RRI, as I only had found a few on their website in NorCal before my trip to the left coast. Same price as Motel 6 but free WiFi rather than $3.
Yep, it WAS right off the freeway but I got room on other side of the building and had a quiet night's rest. Had a Mini 'fridge, good tv, free WiFi, & room/bath was very clean.
Gal at desk was friendly, nice and able to answer questions. I have not been to Stockton since '61, LONG before the Freeway.
Close to downtown (< 1 mile) , the "new" port and to U of Pacific (it was College of Pacific then) - left turn in front of motel/left turn in2 blocks on Pershing and straight shot to UOP Campus...

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2010

ok hotel. as with most hotels, I don't get the warm fuzzy feeling that they clean too well. Pretty noisy location as it is right next to the freeway. Don't expect to get a good nights sleep unless you have ear muffs/plugs with you.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
San jose
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2010

I have stayed at this location several times during buiness trips, I like their 'King Size Non Smoking' room on the ground floor. Staff is friendly and very helpful. Although the property is located just off the freeway the noise is not completely unbearable in my opinion, and I am a light sleeper.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank hpatel09
Long Beach, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2009

I specifically picked this place because it was off the 5 South and was located right across from the Port of Stockton, which I found to be a really unique spot and something I'd like to see when I woke up rather than another concrete parking lot. I stopped in around 9 or 10 pm after rejecting my reservation at a Motel 6 further south because the lady there said they "only get free wi-fi internet in a few rooms, and those rooms have already been taken." Thanks but no thanks.

The desk clerk -- who was very nice and businesslike -- had a room available across from the very odd port of Stockton. The price with tax and no reservation ($45) was cheaper than the Motel 6 down the way. And they allow pets for free and free wi-fi! This was nice because on the way up to Oregon from LA I stayed in a Motel 6 in redding that charged $3 extra for wi-fi.

The room was very clean -- there was a microwave, mini fridge, hair dryer (a plus because the Lamplighter Lodge I stayed in Red Bluff on another trip up north for the same price did not have one), and it was clean -- very clean -- and seemed updated and renovated and more modern than Motel 6.

Downsides: Even though I was facing away from the freeway overpass (it's RIGHT off the freeway) I could still kind of hear the freeway. But that's par for the course and fine by me. What was kind of scary was around 1 am, I heard some dude yelling outside my door. The dog started barking and I was scared to open the door to find out what the heck it was...when I figured out it wasn't outside my door and it kept going on and on (I heard some personal details about the dude I'd rather not hear about anyone), it turns out some drunk guy (or high guy...who knows) was being pinned down and arrested in the parking lot. But at least there were cops there!

In the morning (comfy bed, BTW), around 10, when I left after contemplating the port of Stockton, there was no coffee or water or anything available in the lobby (at least there WAS a lobby) despite the "free continental breakfast" claim.

Still and all, if I can get the port view again, I'd stay in an instant on my way back down from Oregon to LA. They take dogs and they have free wi-fi at not extra charge. Clean, modern rooms. Etc. Nice!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo