See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 9, 2018 via mobile

The place looks nice and the staff was friendly. It wouldn’t take much to bring it up to okay. But...

The halls smelled like cigarettes, our room smelled like cigarettes. When we turned on the AC, the smell intensified. The refrigerator didn’t work. The pool and (cold) spa were murky, and the baby pool was downright nasty (see pic).
We were missing a sheer curtain.
But the worst part?! No Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi in the sole soda machine!! How am I expected to survive?

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2018

Sue F,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your experience and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. I am so sorry that you smelled smoke in your room and I want to assure you that we do our best to ensure that smokers do not smoke in our non-smoking rooms; and when a situation like this occurs, we address it immediately, thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting to restore the clean smell of our accommodations. We are also forever working to improve upon the guest experience and I hope you will
remember our attributes and return to see how we have improved to impress you even more.

Reviewed June 8, 2018

My husband and I stopped here for the night and almost immediately checked back out. First of all the entire place wreaks of cigarettes including our NON SMOKING room. There was a very loud party going on down the hall from us.Then right after we unloaded all of our things to our room, I called the front dest to inquire about how to work the TV and they said that all of the televisions were out and would out be all night, which makes me wonder why they didn’t tell us that when we checked in! We had been on the road for 10 hours and just wanted to relax with some TV and get a good nights sleep. Not to mention, it is now 4 days later and we still haven’t gotten a refund on the room, which we were told would be credited as soon as we checked out!

Room tip: Choose a room from another hotel
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Rita H,

Thank you for sharing your experience, and I am so sorry to learn that we failed to meet your
expectations of quality service and accommodations. Know that your voice is important to us and that we are working hard to address these issues and improve upon the guest experience. We hope you'll return to enjoy the continuous improvements made in our policies, accommodations and services.

Reviewed January 3, 2018

Cigarette smoke smell in the lobby. All enclosed corridors to rooms are UNSECURED and non-locking, meaning anyone off the street can lurk there or break into your room. The ice machine was leaking and water pouring out the bottom. Hallway carpets stained and dirty. Everything except the interior rooms look dated. Breakfast was overcooked and greasy. AND to top it off, a sign I read on the pool gate indicated the pool was closed by the county health department. Not joking. Choice Preferred: this property torpedoes your brand and you should get rid of it.
This property is located in a run-down area of town (off 99) with few restaurant options nearby. Check out hotel properties off 5 for a better area of town.

Room tip: May feel more "secure" closer to front reception.
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Tina M, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2018

We can't thank you enough for sharing your feedback so that we can continue to improve upon our service and hospitality. We appreciate the comments regarding our area and breakfast. We hope to see you again in the future and to impress you with the continued improvements we make.

Reviewed October 24, 2017

After reading more about rating motels, I have given this a five instead of a four. I am basing this review on price vs accommodations. A five rating is NOT the same as a five STAR hotel, it is not. (Stars are based on the type accommodations it provides, not the shape the motel is in.)
This is a review of the Clarion Inn in Stockton from the first part of October, 2017.
Luckily I reserved a room here before looking at the reviews, but I did look at the reviews before arriving. Because I had looked at those reviews I was looking for anything that would justify them, I didn’t find anything in my stay.
The hotel has plenty of room to park, that is a plus for me. The people at the desk were all pleasant, and I dealt with three of them over the two days I was there.
The only thing wrong with the room was the safety latch was broken. The door and the dead bolt still worked. The bed was clean and comfortable, the shower was clean and the water was hot. Carpeting was old but clean. WIFI worked (it did not work at two prior Choice hotels this week,) I was on WIFI for most of the day without issues. And I’d give the towels a 4 out of 5 for thickness.
Inside and out was well maintained. Breakfast is buffet style on the weekends and made to order on weekdays. Not the usual fare of foods on the buffet. Just the hot items, fruit and coffee, tea or water. None of the dry goods or made your own waffle/pancake items. Bacon was ‘grocery store size,’ not the thin stuff I get at some motels … and it was really, really good.
When I was there, it was only the bar that was open in the evening, food was OK. The bar is not open on Sunday or Monday, but there is two sit down places across the street and a few fast food places also within walking distance.
There were things going on in the event room both Saturday night and Sunday. Lots of (good) activity, I did not notice anything that would suggest long term residence or illegal activities. Other than freeway noise, the place was quite. None of the rooms directly face the freeway.
Based on the price, it is a very good motel. Motels in this area are not cheap.
… while I seldom write reviews anymore, I am still staying in motels about 150 nights a year, this is not written without having other hotels to compare it to.
I will stay here again and will recommend it to others looking for affordable accommodations.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Brandy C, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn by Wyndham Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2017

Jim-OnTheWayHome,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to recognize our staff for their exemplary work in providing clean and comfortable experience for our valued guests. Our staff is highly trained to give you an exceptional experience, and to provide our customers the best we can offer in a reasonable price. I am glad that we were able to meet your expectations of service and accommodations and we're all looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed October 21, 2017 via mobile

The desk staff was outside smoking cigarettes by the front door. I got there at 2:30pm. As I walk through the front door, I hear “here comes a check-in, they never wait till 3pm.” The other person, looks like housekeeper, smoking with her says, “make him wait or tell him to come back at 3pm.” Now I am 6ft away of course I can hear. She makes me wait just a minute before helping me. She then gets a call. “You looking for who, is she the girl who looks like a man?” Wow, I was speechless.
As I walked up to the building, there was trash everywhere. I opened the door to the building I was in and there is trash, like a trash can was dumped inside the door to the building.
Why is the staff standing around doing nothing, complaining about having to serve the clients when their facility is so trashed.
Noisy, too little insulation for that close to the freeway. Lots of trucks parking in the parking lot.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
clarioninnsockton, Webmaster at Days Inn by Wyndham Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m terribly sorry that we failed to meet your expectations in some ways because of staff. Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests. We take real pride in this hotel and believe that pride shows in everything we do. I’m disappointed that we could not satisfy you, and I hope you will try us again in the future..

Hotel Manager