“Great location with restaurant within walking distance”

Howard Johnson Stockton
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Stockton
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Had a great time at the Howard Johnson, room was nice and clean and have very friendly service. Room was right by the pool, and the kids had great time at the pool. Will stay again if had a chance.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank jayeshjadav

Reviewed 16 February 2010

The room was very dirty a hole in bathroom wall bathroom t seat was broken

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 January 2010

This was the first time I booked a hotel through the Southwest Air Reservations line. The photos from the hotel looked ordinary and rates reasonable. The location of the hotel is marginal, at best. The hotel and our room were a dump. I would never have stayed if we didn't already have reservations - and I thought about leaving anyway. The place is dirty, old, in ill repair, and looks like it belonged near the bus station, which it is. Very seedy. Looks like skid row. Street people came in off the streets for the continental breakfast. I walked on the dirty carpet in my socks. The old bath tub wouldn't stop leaking. I couldn't wait to get home and take a hot bath.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank raisesservicepuppies
Reviewed 19 August 2009

There were dead grasshoppers under the blankets of the bed. It was kind of dirty. Plumbing problems in our first room and other rooms that we saw them working on. The hotel was gross.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank HaraldCalifornia
Reviewed 7 June 2009

I have been traveling from Bay Area to Stockton very often. I become a regular customer of this hotel. I like it because its very convenient location, which is downtown of Stockton. The rooms are clean, they all have micro wave, refrigerator and free wireless internet access. Lots of parking spaces. The Manager is nice, the service is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2008

We needed to stay in Stockton to attend my daughter's graduation from UOP on May 17, 2008. Booked this hotel thru Hotwire so I didn't know the hotel until after I had paid for it. After reading the negative reviews I was apprehensive but had hoped that maybe ownership had changed and things were improving. Not! It started at check-in where my credit card was run for the full room price. After a little convincing the clerk finally believed me that I had pre-paid with Hotwire and tore up the charge. Let's hope it doesn't appear on my statement!

We walked into the very cramped room and turned on the antique window air conditioner since the room was stifling. My teenage son (140 pounds) sat on the bed and the bed broke! One side was now 8 inches lower than the other. No remote for the T.V. After less than five minutes all of our white socks were black from the filthy carpet. Sent the kids down to the office to get coffee mugs and one more set of towels. Clerk told them no coffee cups until 7AM when the mugs would be in the lobby and you cannot have any towels since you were already alloted three sets. We had 4 people in our room who had to share towels because this hotel rations them like they were gold. Noisy, dump!

3  Thank renobob6
Modestotraveller, Manager at Howard Johnson Stockton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2009

Thank you for the comments regarding your previous stay with us. We realize that some time has passed since this review was submitted but as new owners wanted to share the improvements that have occurred.

Since May 2008, the staff and management have taken several key steps to improve the overall experience of our guests. Through improved customer service and guest room upgrades our guests have realized a much improved overall stay experience. With feedback such as this, it allows us to continue our focus on improving those areas that are important to our guests. .

We appreciate again the comments of your stay and do hope to see you soon so that it will allow us to show the improved Howard Johnson in Stockton.

Reviewed 12 August 2007

The parking lot is full and the security is weak so you cannot be secure with your vehicle because the neighborhood is undesireable. The owner allows people from neighboring buisinesses to rent his lot.
The breakfast was a joke.
The room was dirty. Very unsanitary and had roaches.
The night manager was very disrespectful and unproffesional.
The owners are very unproffessional and have no business working with the public. Unproffesional decisions and attitude.
I made arrangements to stay with my crew for over a month as we were working nearby , when I informed the manager I needed to check out he refused to make the financial agreement fair out of greed, therefore losing my business as well as my respect.

I will never stay here again...
CPM Contractors