“Great food open late”

Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

Saved me from losing out on dinner due to a late flight. Generous portions for little $. Nice tasty food.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed January 29, 2018

I tried this place multiple times during lunch and most of the time we order Tandoori Chicken and goat items which are really good. I think their Tandoori Combo is a good value for money.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2017

Flour do this place on a random search for late-night eateries, when we missed another popular joint: Shaan. This place is no less comparatively with good food. I had a Non-veg Combo which is tasty & filling. Off-course, it scores low on the cleanliness. Chai wasn’t available, which is a let-down. Overall, a satisfactory experience given our desperation for ‘something’ Indian/Pakistani’

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed September 10, 2017

The first problem I noticed was that the front door was filthy, in need of serious cleaning. I should have turned around but was very hungry.
I ordered saag paneer and garlic naan to go from the young clerk. He offered me masala tea from the large self-serve dispenser, but it was empty. He apologized and instead gave me mango lassi from the cooler, which was very kind.
It took at least 15 minutes for my food to be prepared and alarmingly during that time I noticed more and more how dirty the whole restaurant was -- from the rugs on the floor, to the grimy hand prints on the cooler, to the service counter between the kitchen and the cash register. It made me wonder if this restaurant has ever been inspected.
When I finally got to eat the saag paneer, unfortunately, every couple of bites I crunched down on whole fibrous leaves which gave a very bitter flavor and there also were bites with strongly-flavored whole pods that were hidden in the green spinach. Overall, this stop for a quick lunch was a very unfavorable experience so I truly cannot recommend Shah to others.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

I wonder too how this place got many good reviews. That was mainly the reason why I visited this place but here you go:

Cons:
-the serving plates were ok 'plastic ones that you grab on your own' but nobody told us until we started looking when the food was served without plates to serve the food in.

-the water cups had a smell 'not clean at all' I was disgusted and used a plastic cup 'tea cups' instead.

-food was so average.
-average staff too.
-paid 30 something for two plates and the guy asked us to pay cash because this is better for them than credit cards!!

Pros:
-garlic naan was fresh and nice, we liked it.

My big NO for this place is the cleanliness!! They have to pay more attention to that please.

Date of visit: August 2017

Been to Shah Restaurant? Share your experiences!