“Great Breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 5, 2018

Hobee's was across the street from my hotel. I had the BDBIT breakfast. The food was excellent and came with a large chunk of blueberry coffee cake which I highly recommend. I'm glad I upgraded the hashbrowns with sliced onion and fresh jalepeno.

Great food at an affordable price.

1  Thank aladd0417

Reviewed December 13, 2017 via mobile

Hobee’s has been in Sunnyvale for decades. The food quality and service are very reliable. They offer a variety of scrambles for breakfast along with pancakes. You can never go wrong with their coffee cake.

I find the chipotle alfredo pasta and chicken santorini entrees to be particularly tasty. Service is attentive.

1  Thank RebArne
Edward F, Public Relations Manager at Hobee's, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2017

Thanks so much for the kind words! We look forward to your next visit. Happy holidays!

Reviewed November 13, 2017

We came in on a Sunday Morning and it was pretty busy (about a 10-15 minute wait.)

The food was much better this time around (versus my last review). We had our orders taken promptly, and any questions we had on the menu thoroughly explained.

We both ordered the 'Best Breakfast in Town' plate, she ordered her eggs over medium, which were cooked properly, and I had eggs sunny-side-up. The eggs tasted a little bland. I normally don't season my eggs, so I can compare the quality of the egg. It wasn't bad, and maybe their eggs are an acquired taste, but the eggs were a little lack luster.

*Note: there is only turkey bacon on the menu, if you NEED traditional bacon, go elsewhere* - or at least from what I could see. With that in mind, the turkey bacon is fine.

I also got the Coffee Cake as my side, because it is Delicious here. Make sure at least one person at your table orders it, so you can all pick at it. It is huge and delicious.

I also got the special hash browns (added ham and cheese,) and it was a delicious side. I would say it was the star of the plate.

As this is a health conscious establishment (from what I could tell,) I couldn't find the sugar substitute (stevia) for my green tea, for those that don't want to use Splenda. Also the green tea is also a stronger tea, and the flavor didn't taste like tradition green tea to me. It may just be the brand, but I was not a fan.

Edward F, Public Relations Manager at Hobee's, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2017

Shawn, thank you for giving us another chance. I'm glad you had a much better experience. I appreciate your update to the review.

Reviewed November 10, 2017

Hobee's is to Denny's what French Laundry is to Black Angus. Fantastic food ingredients, a staff that is genuinely happy to serve you, remembers their regulars, and give you a good community feeling, and tasty, tasty food!

My wife and I (and later, little son) have been frequenting this establishment since 2011, but had our first wonderful experience at this very Hobee's in 2009, when we were visiting a friend living in Sunnyvale at the time, having driven up from Long Beach ourselves.

Hobees of Sunnyvale is happy to take a phone order or sit you down for a nice meal. If you bring a young child, the child is provided with a great little fruit plate as well as crayons and a paper mat to keep them occupied. Very kid friendly place. In fact - kids eat free every Wednesday for dinner!

Parking is rarely a problem, as it shares a lot with a Motel 6 with plenty of spaces.

You're never kept waiting long for food, seating, or service, even when they are at their busiest - and boy can it get busy sometimes! Right next door is a Denny's and I honestly cannot fathom why anyone would go there instead of Hobees other than the wee night/morning hours when it's the only one of the two open. Hobees all the way!

1  Thank Josh G
Edward F, Public Relations Manager at Hobee's, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2017

Josh:

What a great - and entertaining - review! So glad you enjoy and appreciate Hobee's Sunnyvale. We have an excellent crew there. Many of our employees have worked at the restaurant for over two decades.

Thanks again for your kinds words!

-- Ed

Reviewed October 11, 2017

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, I mean who doesn't love breakfast!?

My family grew up here and has always driven past this place, we always mentioned we would eat here every time we did, and one day on a Sunday Morning we decided to check it out.

There wasn't much of a wait, and the prices on the menu were fine. However everything everyone ordered this morning just didn't taste good. Like clockwork, everyone I was with, had a complaint about their food.

Edward F, Public Relations Manager at Hobee's, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2017

Shawn:

I'm so sorry you were disappointed. We pride ourselves on serving fresh, great tasting food. If you have a moment, please send a few more specifics to efike@hobees.com We take every opportunity to receive feedback and improve our business. Thanks!

-- Edward Fike