“Excellent Andhra food”

UlavacharU
Ranked #35 of 382 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We had heard of this place but had not been there. When my friend from India offered to go, I took it up and we landed there for lunch.
Place is crowded even on a weekday, and the ambiance is strictly- eat, enjoy quickly and get out.
But the quick and attentive service and the good food more than made up for this. We had the options of Thali, Biryani and A La Carte. Chose the Nellore fish curry . Totally paisa vasool- great taste, good quantity and attentive service. One of the best Southern (Tamil/Andhra) Fish curries I have had. Stomach full, what with the free flowing Buttermilk and Appalams and substantial portions.

Will go again, and try out the biryani and Thalis.

Definitely worth the visit.

Reviewed 20 August 2017

I ate there on 8/11/2017 after reading the highly rated reviews and was disappointed with the long line across the restaurant and the average quality of the food. Food was warm and cold. Place was old, very crowd, people were jumping ahead of the line and service was very slow. The only thing I liked was the Corona (Mexican) beer which was included in the price for the lunch buffet on Friday. I was still hungry when I had to leave because the buffet line was so long and did not want to wait another 15+ minutes. I expected better quality food and service for the price paid and the high ratings.

Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

I ordered Gobi Manchurian and paneer biryani. Both were really good. Took some as to go as well and rest of the family said best ever they had eaten

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We went ulavachru for having dinner but food was good and parking place available and I can recommend for having Indian food.

Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Ok so disclaimer, I'm a gringo white boy. But I have to tell you. This place is legit gringo or not. Delicious food, veg & non veg. Not to mention beer included with the lunch buffet; I mean....really!!!not available for a fee, included..! Will eat at least once during my work trips to Sunnyvale!!!