New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I

Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Los Angeles, California
“Overall one of the best hotel stays in recent memory”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

I stayed at this hotel for five nights; overall the stay was very good--the suite is very large and I liked the fact that it had a sofa, dining table, and full kitchen (although I did not cook). My room was next to the duck pond and they were not noisy at all. Parking was very easy and I could park next to my suite. The breakfast buffet exceeded my expectations as they had different hot breakfast items everyday and a good variety of other items. Only negative thing is that although there was a nice 37" LCD TV in my suite, it was standard definition cable service (not HDTV)--I have been spoiled from watching over-the-air broadcast HDTV since early 2009, so when I watch standard definition TV I was quite dissapointed. However, I am not sure if this is a hotel industry standard to only offer standard definition TV. The free WiFi was good (maybe only one time it was slow during the 7 PM hour).

Room Tip: Ask for lower floor suite if u have big luggage
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank CSCOguy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

After experiencing the non-servicing side of US hospitality over the past few trips, Residence Inn was a pleasant surprise. Based on the long-stay service apartment model, the service is equivalent to a full-service hotel. Asst Manager James and Mgr David have a great team supporting them to make every guest feel at home. Even the old rooms are quite comfy and the amenities great. They provided daily housekeeping and free breakfast, at the same cost as other places without this. Moreover, every employee was always smiling and ready to help -- even at 10PM in the night. The quacking of ducks at a nearby lake was a pleasant distraction. Loved my stay and would love to come back here anytime. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Vidooshak
australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2010

I like the Residence Inn mainly because when I am travelling I like to be able to cook my own meals. However I must say that the Residence Inns across the country need a serious update to the decor and ameneties. I mean how long have they been using this same style plates...as long as I can remember! Also I didn't even know they still made tube TVs. Time to get some flat-screens in with a decent entertainment system. In my particular room the heat/aircon was very loud and made it difficult to sleep...my noise cancelling headphones came in handy.

The staff here though are very nice and helpful, can't complain about that at all. The breakfast and happy hour are also nice.

So overall it's an okay place to stay if you like haivng some of the comforts of home...but it is severe need of an update to bring it into 2010.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank mm14852
Windsor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2010

Pros:
- Good value for money
- Good breakfast
- Spacious apartments
- Great kitchen, lots of appliances and tools
- Good Wifi and other services
Cons:
- Not a great location
- Don't move at night, especially up on the mezzanine, it's all squeaky and you will wake up all the other guests in the rooms around you

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hyderabad
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2010

I was there for business for long time like for 2 months. We booked the extended stay. Being an Indian I had problem eating salads, burgers and pizzas daily. But the hotel provided us with a small kitchen and utensils to cook. SO after few days I started to prepare Indian food with their help. The complimentary breakfast that they provided has soo many varieties from juices, to frouts, mufins etc. The jacuzi that was there was really very relaxing in weekends. swiming pool was crowded though in weekends but that too maintained well. The reception was very friendly. Well! in my whole stay I liked the place and people and will next time I travel Sanjose I will book this hotel.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2010

I will say that the rooms were clean. The location was good for ease of travel to conduct business. The bathrooms were nice and the kitchen was a plus.

However, my room backed up right to the highway. While I had a suite that had a loft on the upper floor, the noise barriers were nil. The room layouts were very weird and it was quite outdated in the way it was decorated and maintained. Also, the quality of the televisions were terrible. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone that needs quiet time when they sleep.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2009

This is an older property that is in need of updating. Carpeting is so dirty that the soles of your feet will be black if you walk barefoot in the room. Internet is free but doesn't always work. They actually have so many problems with their internet service that they have a 800 number to call for help!!! If you are going to need to do work on your laptop, stay somewhere else where the internet works!!!

Staff will go the extra mile for you. The breakfast is good and constantly replenished.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
0.8 km away
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
Hyatt Regency Santa Clara
#2 of 33 in Santa Clara
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,094 reviews

Been to Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I? Share your experiences!