“excellent stay , would highly recommend it”

Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed 25 May 2011

I havent stayed at a Residence Inn in a while and what a pleasant surprise.
The room was clean and quiet and close to the lobby.
The kitchenette was very helpful to have.

I loved the FREE breakfast and the food was amazing.. and I am pretty picky. For example this morning the breakfast area had all the regular continental stuff, plus a ton of hot food ; 2 different kinds of scrambled eggs, french toast, eggs bennie, potatoes, etc..... they even had paper plates and cups so you can take stuff back to your room.

after 6 pm, they have free wine/beer and a buffet as well. so far this week, we had a mexican theme, indian theme, and tonight was a american theme.The manager was serving the drinks at dinner and was very personable and entertaining.

the free internet was pretty snappy and worked well for my voip/skype calls.

the only thing worth commenting on was that it was pretty tuff getting a parking spot and the dining area filled up pretty fast with limited seating.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Churchill_Fortunato

Reviewed 20 May 2011

I stayed at this hotel for five nights; overall the stay was very good--the suite is very large and I liked the fact that it had a sofa, dining table, and full kitchen (although I did not cook). My room was next to the duck pond and they were not noisy at all. Parking was very easy and I could park next to my suite. The breakfast buffet exceeded my expectations as they had different hot breakfast items everyday and a good variety of other items. Only negative thing is that although there was a nice 37" LCD TV in my suite, it was standard definition cable service (not HDTV)--I have been spoiled from watching over-the-air broadcast HDTV since early 2009, so when I watch standard definition TV I was quite dissapointed. However, I am not sure if this is a hotel industry standard to only offer standard definition TV. The free WiFi was good (maybe only one time it was slow during the 7 PM hour).

Room Tip: Ask for lower floor suite if u have big luggage
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank CSCOguy
Reviewed 18 February 2011

After experiencing the non-servicing side of US hospitality over the past few trips, Residence Inn was a pleasant surprise. Based on the long-stay service apartment model, the service is equivalent to a full-service hotel. Asst Manager James and Mgr David have a great team supporting them to make every guest feel at home. Even the old rooms are quite comfy and the amenities great. They provided daily housekeeping and free breakfast, at the same cost as other places without this. Moreover, every employee was always smiling and ready to help -- even at 10PM in the night. The quacking of ducks at a nearby lake was a pleasant distraction. Loved my stay and would love to come back here anytime. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Vidooshak
Reviewed 22 May 2010

I like the Residence Inn mainly because when I am travelling I like to be able to cook my own meals. However I must say that the Residence Inns across the country need a serious update to the decor and ameneties. I mean how long have they been using this same style plates...as long as I can remember! Also I didn't even know they still made tube TVs. Time to get some flat-screens in with a decent entertainment system. In my particular room the heat/aircon was very loud and made it difficult to sleep...my noise cancelling headphones came in handy.

The staff here though are very nice and helpful, can't complain about that at all. The breakfast and happy hour are also nice.

So overall it's an okay place to stay if you like haivng some of the comforts of home...but it is severe need of an update to bring it into 2010.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank mm14852
Reviewed 6 May 2010

Pros:
- Good value for money
- Good breakfast
- Spacious apartments
- Great kitchen, lots of appliances and tools
- Good Wifi and other services
Cons:
- Not a great location
- Don't move at night, especially up on the mezzanine, it's all squeaky and you will wake up all the other guests in the rooms around you

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2010

I was there for business for long time like for 2 months. We booked the extended stay. Being an Indian I had problem eating salads, burgers and pizzas daily. But the hotel provided us with a small kitchen and utensils to cook. SO after few days I started to prepare Indian food with their help. The complimentary breakfast that they provided has soo many varieties from juices, to frouts, mufins etc. The jacuzi that was there was really very relaxing in weekends. swiming pool was crowded though in weekends but that too maintained well. The reception was very friendly. Well! in my whole stay I liked the place and people and will next time I travel Sanjose I will book this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 February 2010

I will say that the rooms were clean. The location was good for ease of travel to conduct business. The bathrooms were nice and the kitchen was a plus.

However, my room backed up right to the highway. While I had a suite that had a loft on the upper floor, the noise barriers were nil. The room layouts were very weird and it was quite outdated in the way it was decorated and maintained. Also, the quality of the televisions were terrible. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone that needs quiet time when they sleep.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
0.9 km away
0.9 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara
2.7 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale

Been to Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I? Share your experiences!