“Outdoor Entrances!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Outdoor Entrances!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Loved the apartment style development here with outside entrances. Very convenient to San Jose, Palo Alto, Google, et.al.
45 min. to Fisherman's Wharf, 1 1/2 hrs to Napa or Carmel, voila!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank hjames2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Calgary
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

Me and my family (wife and 3 kids) got a penthouse suite for 12 nights. Spacious accommodation, high quality. Good value too. Here are the best things about this hotel;
- very friendly and helpful staff
- a well-maintained pool and hot tub area
- a badminton court / baseball pitching / basketball court
- easy parking
- great free WiFi
But here's THE best thing;
- the breakfasts are amazing, and free. Unparalleled in terms of choice and quality, and I have stayed in MANY hotels
Oh, and the evening meals are amazing, and free! 4 nights a week, there is free hot food and alcoholic beverages.
Great access too to the 101 and Sunnyvale / San Jose area.
Thank you to the staff for making our stay so good, we will be back.
The Hughes family

Room Tip: Penthouse suites are great for families
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Terry H
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2011

We went for a 15 day family holiday to US in April-May 2011. We were a group of 6 adults (including 4 senior citizens) and a 2 year old baby. I chose this hotel becuase one of my friends stay in Sunnyvale and this was the closet hotel with a kitchen near his place. We wanted a kitchen - we are pure vegetarians from India.

The hotel has been recently renovated. The rooms are fantastic with all new beds and furniture. Full kitchen with utensils etc. Free internet and very good speed. There is a small pond with ducks. It looks more like a resort than a hotel.

Breakfast is included in the price and i must say that it was the best breakfast at any Reidence Inn i have stayed (I have stayed at 4). They have evening snacks on 4 evenings (all of weekdays) and i think you won't need a dinner afetr that.

Caltrain station (Lawrence) is about 2 miles away. Overall, i think this hotel is great value for money but one must have a car.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank kajain77
Georgetown, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2011

I havent stayed at a Residence Inn in a while and what a pleasant surprise.
The room was clean and quiet and close to the lobby.
The kitchenette was very helpful to have.

I loved the FREE breakfast and the food was amazing.. and I am pretty picky. For example this morning the breakfast area had all the regular continental stuff, plus a ton of hot food ; 2 different kinds of scrambled eggs, french toast, eggs bennie, potatoes, etc..... they even had paper plates and cups so you can take stuff back to your room.

after 6 pm, they have free wine/beer and a buffet as well. so far this week, we had a mexican theme, indian theme, and tonight was a american theme.The manager was serving the drinks at dinner and was very personable and entertaining.

the free internet was pretty snappy and worked well for my voip/skype calls.

the only thing worth commenting on was that it was pretty tuff getting a parking spot and the dining area filled up pretty fast with limited seating.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank Churchill_Fortunato
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2011

I stayed at this hotel for five nights; overall the stay was very good--the suite is very large and I liked the fact that it had a sofa, dining table, and full kitchen (although I did not cook). My room was next to the duck pond and they were not noisy at all. Parking was very easy and I could park next to my suite. The breakfast buffet exceeded my expectations as they had different hot breakfast items everyday and a good variety of other items. Only negative thing is that although there was a nice 37" LCD TV in my suite, it was standard definition cable service (not HDTV)--I have been spoiled from watching over-the-air broadcast HDTV since early 2009, so when I watch standard definition TV I was quite dissapointed. However, I am not sure if this is a hotel industry standard to only offer standard definition TV. The free WiFi was good (maybe only one time it was slow during the 7 PM hour).

Room Tip: Ask for lower floor suite if u have big luggage
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank CSCOguy
Bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2011

After experiencing the non-servicing side of US hospitality over the past few trips, Residence Inn was a pleasant surprise. Based on the long-stay service apartment model, the service is equivalent to a full-service hotel. Asst Manager James and Mgr David have a great team supporting them to make every guest feel at home. Even the old rooms are quite comfy and the amenities great. They provided daily housekeeping and free breakfast, at the same cost as other places without this. Moreover, every employee was always smiling and ready to help -- even at 10PM in the night. The quacking of ducks at a nearby lake was a pleasant distraction. Loved my stay and would love to come back here anytime. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Vidooshak
australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2010

I like the Residence Inn mainly because when I am travelling I like to be able to cook my own meals. However I must say that the Residence Inns across the country need a serious update to the decor and ameneties. I mean how long have they been using this same style plates...as long as I can remember! Also I didn't even know they still made tube TVs. Time to get some flat-screens in with a decent entertainment system. In my particular room the heat/aircon was very loud and made it difficult to sleep...my noise cancelling headphones came in handy.

The staff here though are very nice and helpful, can't complain about that at all. The breakfast and happy hour are also nice.

So overall it's an okay place to stay if you like haivng some of the comforts of home...but it is severe need of an update to bring it into 2010.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank mm14852
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
0.8 km away
1.3 km away
Santa Clara Marriott
Santa Clara Marriott
#6 of 32 in Santa Clara

Been to Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I? Share your experiences!