“Suprisingly nice hotel in quiet neighborhood..”

Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Reviewed 23 January 2012

I really wanted to dislike this hotel before checking in. I had to stay here for a week for work. I ended up liking the place. It was great having a fridge,stove and microwave. I did shopping at a local grocery store before checking in. The room was comfortable and the heat was a blessing. Who knew it got this cold in California.

Notes, to enhance your stay...
1) Ask for a room away from the highway.
2) Get a room on the top floor. These are two story buildings with a wood structure. You WILL hear the footsteps of heavy footers OR little ones that run a lot.
3) If you work out get up early or hit the 24 hour fitness down the block.

The staff was really great. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 October 2011

I was little concerned about the mixed reviews here on this site. But I was pleasantly surprised when we stayed here in September. The property seemed very well maintained and in my opinion wasn't in need of a major renovation as others have commented. Our unit and all public areas appeared very nice. Everything was also very clean.

We had a studio apartment. Very spacious, comfortable, and well laid out. Very nice kitchen, but we did not do any cooking there. I liked being able to park very near to our unit. Free breakfast was also great.

All the staff (front desk, breakfast staff, and housekeeping) were very friendly and efficient. I am really glad I chose Residence Inn. We have to return to the area a few more times and will definitely stay here again. I would higher recommend this hotel. Good value for your money.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank surf555
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Loved the apartment style development here with outside entrances. Very convenient to San Jose, Palo Alto, Google, et.al.
45 min. to Fisherman's Wharf, 1 1/2 hrs to Napa or Carmel, voila!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank hjames2
Reviewed 26 July 2011

Me and my family (wife and 3 kids) got a penthouse suite for 12 nights. Spacious accommodation, high quality. Good value too. Here are the best things about this hotel;
- very friendly and helpful staff
- a well-maintained pool and hot tub area
- a badminton court / baseball pitching / basketball court
- easy parking
- great free WiFi
But here's THE best thing;
- the breakfasts are amazing, and free. Unparalleled in terms of choice and quality, and I have stayed in MANY hotels
Oh, and the evening meals are amazing, and free! 4 nights a week, there is free hot food and alcoholic beverages.
Great access too to the 101 and Sunnyvale / San Jose area.
Thank you to the staff for making our stay so good, we will be back.
The Hughes family

Room Tip: Penthouse suites are great for families
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Terry H
Reviewed 3 June 2011

We went for a 15 day family holiday to US in April-May 2011. We were a group of 6 adults (including 4 senior citizens) and a 2 year old baby. I chose this hotel becuase one of my friends stay in Sunnyvale and this was the closet hotel with a kitchen near his place. We wanted a kitchen - we are pure vegetarians from India.

The hotel has been recently renovated. The rooms are fantastic with all new beds and furniture. Full kitchen with utensils etc. Free internet and very good speed. There is a small pond with ducks. It looks more like a resort than a hotel.

Breakfast is included in the price and i must say that it was the best breakfast at any Reidence Inn i have stayed (I have stayed at 4). They have evening snacks on 4 evenings (all of weekdays) and i think you won't need a dinner afetr that.

Caltrain station (Lawrence) is about 2 miles away. Overall, i think this hotel is great value for money but one must have a car.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank kajain77
Reviewed 25 May 2011

I havent stayed at a Residence Inn in a while and what a pleasant surprise.
The room was clean and quiet and close to the lobby.
The kitchenette was very helpful to have.

I loved the FREE breakfast and the food was amazing.. and I am pretty picky. For example this morning the breakfast area had all the regular continental stuff, plus a ton of hot food ; 2 different kinds of scrambled eggs, french toast, eggs bennie, potatoes, etc..... they even had paper plates and cups so you can take stuff back to your room.

after 6 pm, they have free wine/beer and a buffet as well. so far this week, we had a mexican theme, indian theme, and tonight was a american theme.The manager was serving the drinks at dinner and was very personable and entertaining.

the free internet was pretty snappy and worked well for my voip/skype calls.

the only thing worth commenting on was that it was pretty tuff getting a parking spot and the dining area filled up pretty fast with limited seating.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Churchill_Fortunato
Reviewed 20 May 2011

I stayed at this hotel for five nights; overall the stay was very good--the suite is very large and I liked the fact that it had a sofa, dining table, and full kitchen (although I did not cook). My room was next to the duck pond and they were not noisy at all. Parking was very easy and I could park next to my suite. The breakfast buffet exceeded my expectations as they had different hot breakfast items everyday and a good variety of other items. Only negative thing is that although there was a nice 37" LCD TV in my suite, it was standard definition cable service (not HDTV)--I have been spoiled from watching over-the-air broadcast HDTV since early 2009, so when I watch standard definition TV I was quite dissapointed. However, I am not sure if this is a hotel industry standard to only offer standard definition TV. The free WiFi was good (maybe only one time it was slow during the 7 PM hour).

Room Tip: Ask for lower floor suite if u have big luggage
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank CSCOguy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
0.9 km away
0.9 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Santa Clara
2.7 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale

Been to Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley I? Share your experiences!