“Spacious, good quality accomodation, ideal for extended stays”

Residence Inn Sunnyvale Silicon Valley II
Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
London, United Kingdom
“Spacious, good quality accomodation, ideal for extended stays”
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Someone else booked this on my behalf - I always get nervous when that happens. As it turned out, I had no need to be concerned at all.

I stayed for a week and it really felt like I had my own place, rather than staying in a hotel. Of course, these are designed for people staying longer than average and it appeared that some of the guests lived there on a near permanent basis. For intra-company transfers I can see that this could be an attractive option for a while.

The room was clean and tidy and very well equipped - it had absolutely everything I needed, and more. There was a fully equipped kitchen, big TV, coffee, sofa and a very comfortable bed. I slept soundly and recovered from jet lag very quickly. My only criticism was that it felt a little dated - but I find that a lot with hotels in the US.

Breakfast is served upstairs from reception and is a buffet style. There was fresh fruit and pastries and a small selection of cooked food.

The staff couldn't have been nicer and were very helpful, friendly and chatty when they weren't too busy.

The location is good with easy access to the freeways and plenty of surface-street options if your destination is local. Despite the proximity to the Lawrence Expressway, I didn't find it too noisy.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank FourFishFingers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 October 2011

Stayed here for a week. Very convenient location for me since it's right off of Lawrence Expressway. It was quiet (I asked for non-ground floor level and didn't hear my neighbors at all during my entire stay) and the room was a large studio/suite with full kitchen/dining area table (full fridge!), living room area with sofa/large screen HDTV, then sleeping area with bed and large bathroom. Room was clean, had everything I wanted and lots of closet space. Very comfortable for one person, and great since I was staying a full week. I chose it for its location, complimentary breakfast, wifi and parking. Great value/deal!

Staff was always courteous and I felt welcomed every morning when I headed over to breakfast. The breakfast was great! A lot of variety, hot and cold (waffles, eggs, bacon/sausage, bagels, toast, muffins, yogurt parfait, cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit bar. I went to one of the complimentary evening meals and it was heartier than I imagined a free dinner would be (chicken and rice and vegetables).

The wifi was a bit slow, especially during peak hours, but wasn't too much of a problem (I was planning to stream videos or anything). Connecting to it was painless.

Overall, a great stay. I had no problems whatsoever and it was very enjoyable. Never had problems finding a parking spot near my room, even when I came back really late at night.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Gales Ferry, CT
Reviewed 13 October 2011

I try to stay at Residence Inn's whenever I travel for longer than 3 or 4 days for business. This particular Residence Inn did not disappoint. The staff was excellent and very accommodating. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs an extended stay for work.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 8 October 2010

Great place for anyone staying a few days in the valley. I've stayed here 3/4 times over the past few months on business and the suites all have kitchenettes and separate bathrooms. For the most part service is very good, although I've had a few anomalies such as returning to my room one evening and finding that the carpets were wet due to cleaning (not sure why they would do this when there is a guest staying). Breakfasts have a mix of hot and cold items, and this location has evening meals & drinks every night... these are included in your stay. Haven't used the pool or exercise facilities, nor saw anyone using the hot tubs around the facility, but have seen workers maintaining them. The walls aren't particularly sound proof, so if possible, request one away from the expressway. One final note is that there are at least two classes of rooms here. The ground floor rooms are single bed suites, whereas the upstairs suites have a mezzanine level with an additional bed and bathroom (great for families).

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 October 2010

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times for business. The hotel has a sister hotel "Residence Inn Silicon Valley I" which is less than 1 mile away and people sometimes confuse the two. I slightly prefer this one only because it's farther away from highway 101 so less road noise, although same problem can occur if you stay in the few suites immediately next to the Lawrence Expy.

The hotel's is configured with individual 2-storey houses each hosting several suites. Furnishing and equipment looks a bit out dated but the room is relatively clean. Housekeeping is efficient and the staff is friendly and helpful. Business center isn't exactly well equipped and sometimes the computer goes out of commission. The free wireless Internet in the room can be very slow from time to time, making it virtually useless. This is the only major pain for my stay. Electrical outlets in all rooms I've stayed are invariably curiously very loose. Plugged cables come out easily. Bed is generally comfortable and the climate control system works well. The free breakfast runs reasonable well with variety of selections.

Overall it's an acceptable choice for me but it's relatively pricey comparing with other hotels for some reason. It's probably not my first choice for the area.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 8 August 2010

I stayed here for 6 weeks this summer. I was staying with my wife and a 3 year old kid. The rooms are nice and functional. Even though they are old they have been kept clean and without any problems as such. The kitchen was well stocked. Enough for us to be able to cook whenever we felt like. The breakfast had a nice spread. The evening reception everyday again had a good spread and we used to be full most of the days to not need to have dinner again. Staff was friendly and always ready to help. If you are looking for a room with flat panel TVs, sleek new gadgets in the room and modern interiors, then this is not the place for you. But if you are looking for a stay with family, with lots of open space and greenery and a helpful staff, choose this place. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 15 June 2010

My first stay here was in 2001. This is a typical residence inn. Located close to many tech companies and key highways. The staff are friendly and efficient.

Rooms can be dark particularly if you have a ground floor room (not much of an issue for me as I only sleep here). Best to ask for a room that dose not face the highway to ensure it's quiet.

I dont think the rooms have changed at all in 10 years. Except for free unlimited wifi and assuming updated linen.

If it wasn't for sentimental reasons this may not be my first time pick.

• Stayed June 2010