“Worst hotel experience”

Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley
Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I was at this hotel for an event and booked a room for the night. Upon arrival I was given my keys to my room with my room number, or so I thought. When I got to my room the key wouldn't open my door so I kept trying thinking I was doing something wrong, turns out it was the wrong room they had given me someone else's room. I called to the front desk and told them and they were apologetic and said it was the room next door so we tried that one and the keys wouldn't open that door either, had to call the front desk again and wait for them to come up with new keys. I was not too upset just kind of laughed it off. Until this morning when getting ready to leave I went to take a shower only to find someone else's hair in the shower. I then checked the sink and it was too dirty. Then I was throwing something in the trash and there was still garbage in it from the people prior. So then I started to check the whole room out and found a dirty towel that wasn't mine behind the couch. It made me wonder was the room even cleaned before we got in the room??? I didn't want to bother complaining to the front at this point because Jews already on my way out, but wanted to do a survey for the company, but I have been unsuccessful in finding one anywhere. I am so disappointed with the quality of this place and even more upset that I waisted my money to pay for it. My first stay at a ramada will be my last.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank LCombs59

Reviewed 7 June 2012

The rooms are reasonably clean (save for a tiny roof leak after a rain), the staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is good too (a few sorts of flakes, milk, juices, fresh fruit, bread, a waffle machine).

But the internet is just atrocious, this is the worst internet I ever had in any hotel of my life. 50-80% of the time, websites don't load at all. 50% of the other times, they take minutes to load. Strangely, gmail works fine, and speedtest shows high download speeds, but when it comes to actual browsing, it's next to unusable. Given that we have to search for an apartment rental, it is a huge downside.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eugene K
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Dear EugeneK,

We sincerely apologize about the internet issue that you had experienced during your stay. Based on your comments, we couldn't determine the dates of your stay; however please know your comments will be addressed to our internet provider. As for the speed of internet, there is a possibility that there were too many people trying to access our free wi-fi at one time or guests surrouding you were transmitting huge data. Either way, please know this is something we will look into and hope to resolve soon.

We hope you have found an apartment to move into and we hope you give us another opportunity to be in your service again.

Thank you again for choosing Ramada Silicon Valley. We appreciate your time and business.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed here and it was just fine for the price. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and the staff were friendly. I wasn't looking for more than a quiet, clean place to sleep and this hotel provided those things. I would stay here again, no problem.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank mmcquest

Dear mmcquest,

We were pleased to learn that we met your hotel needs. Also glad to learn that you enjoyed our Serta pillowtop mattress which we receive many positive feedbacks on.

We hope to welcome you back here at Ramada Silicon Valley in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Amazing rates. Easy to locate. Clean rooms. Wonderful pool and outdoor hot tub. Extremely friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank HotSpringsLover58
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

Dear HotSpringsLover58,

We are delighted to learn that you found our hotel to be "Best Value" in Silicon Valley. It is our goal here at Ramada Silicon Valley for every guest to have a memorable and enjoyable stay with us. We are pleased to learn that we have met your hotel needs.

Should you return to the area, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

The staff was very friendly, the room was decent and bed very comfortable! Would highly recommend this hotel and would likely come back! The breakfast was very good!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Dear svh3403,

We were pleased to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us.
Should you return to the Silicon Valley area, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to be in your service. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 18 May 2012

So basically, you get what you pay for. Enough said. All other reviews have it right. I had to stay here for a meeting and had no choice in hotel.

Here is the upside:
The bed is comfortable
There is a 7/11, a liquor store, and a Vietnamese Pho restaurant one block away
Shower has good water pressure
There is free continental breakfast with the standard pastries, coffee, and waffles
There is free wifi

The downside:
The buildings, rooms, and decor look old and tired
Not much around the location

Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Dr_Drew2

Dear Dr_Drew2,

We appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your review on Tripadvisor.

Based on your contributions, I could see you are a loyal member of Hilton/Marriott Hotel group. We appreciate you gave us an opportunity to stay at Ramada (Wyndham Worldwide Hotel Group property) and we sincerely apologize that we didn't meet your expectations.

Please accept our sincere apologies for unable to provide Hilton/Marriott level of service during your stay. We know we are not Hilton or Marriott yet we strive ourselves in providing the best and friendly customer service as possible. We were disappointed to learn that this was not shown during your stay.

Dr_Drew2, thank you again for giving us an opportunity to be in your service and we sincerely apologize for not meeting your hotel expectations.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

This was not a good experience. The hotel is old and run down and not very clean. Taking a shower is like playing russian roulette with the hot & cold water. On the positive side, the bed was comforatble.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Miho T, Manager at Ramada Sunnyvale/Silicon Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2012

Dimsumchef,

We sincerely apologize for the less than satisfying stay with us.

Your comments will be addressed to our housekeeping supervisor as well as our General Manager as the room not being clean is not an acceptable practice. Despite the unpleasant stay, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed our serta pillowtop mattress.

Your comments, positive or negative, is important for us to improve our service on a daily basis. Again, please accept our sincere apologies.