“Excellent Vegetarian Indian Cuisine!!!”
Review of Rajwadi Thali

Rajwadi Thali
Ranked #64 of 403 Restaurants in Sunnyvale
Reviewed January 6, 2016

I can't say enough about how good the food is here. You don't oder. They bring you prepared food in a very unique style. They serve you small portions of different types of soups, beans, vegetables in small stainless cups all sitting around in a larger stainless tray that holds them. In the middle they usually have spicy/sweet dipping sauces and naan or pita or a flat, crispy rice thingie that's delicious.

Their wait staff is very well trained to continually come over to see if you would like something else (much like an Italian mother, you have to constantly tell them no if you only want a little bit and shoot them dead if you don't want any more. LOL) All kidding aside, they take VERY good care of you, bringing you more soups or any other dish you want more of all the time. You never have to wait on them.

I'm not a fan of buttermilk, but if you are they serve you water and buttermilk in stainless cups. All in all, I love coming here two or three times a week. The owner/manager is extremely nice and walks around and engages his customers in a family style restaurant. On any given night, you will find a mix of customers as this is not for Indian families only. The fare is delectable, not too spicy and will definitely fill you up!

They open at 11:30am until 9:00pm but typically close up a few minutes early for the staff to clean up and to let the kitchen shut down. BTW, I am NOT being compensated in any way for this review. I receive no special perks from giving my honest opinion of this restaurant. I'm on the road a lot and I appreciate new and different places to visit just to try something out of my comfort zone. I'm finding that by visiting places like this, my comfort zone is ever expanding. Rajwadi Thali is a must try!

1  Thank Mark P

Reviewed October 21, 2015

I would prefer to go to some Indian buffet , as their price is same as that of good buffet, but food items are so limited, and you don't get to choose anything. You don't get to take anything home. If you eat lots of food, then it is good , otherwise it is way too expensive.
The food was just like home cooked, less oil, good taste and spice level is high.

Reviewed September 21, 2015 via mobile

Costs $18 per person. But good gujarati food served in unlimited quantity based on the thali system. Weekends can be crowded

Reviewed August 31, 2015

This is an interesting restaurant where the dishes are served on a metal tray, with many small metal cups that have different Gujarati vegetarian dishes. The food is $20 for adults and teens, and young kids are changed I think $12.00. The food is delicious and all you can eat. Waiters circle about giving you more of various delicious Indian breads, some fried, some baked. They also refill the different sauces. The cardamom yogurt is very tasty as is the banana yogurt. There is a sign that says there is takeout also, at a much lower price like $8.00 which is of course not all you can eat. My 6 year old didn't like most of the food, and so I didn't get a good value for my $12.00, my wife also didn't like eating so much food, or paying so much. My son who likes to eat curries of different sorts, enjoyed it a lot, and as a hungry teen kept eating. So this is not so good for light eaters, people on a diet, but a hungry teen can get a good value out of it. The food is really tasty, and the crowd is very large at the peak time. I came just before the peak time and got a seat right away, but later there was a long wait.

Reviewed August 1, 2015 via mobile

Awesome Gujarati food....they serve you with rose sherbet....and some awesome Gujarati food.

The only problem is...due space constraints...there is a quite a bit of wait during peak lunch time or weekend.

Servers are hard working.