“Nice hotel for a business trip to the Sunnyvale/Mountain View area.”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale
Ranked #3 of 33 Hotels in Sunnyvale
Ohio, USA
“Nice hotel for a business trip to the Sunnyvale/Mountain View area.”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

This is the second time that I have stayed at the Country Inn and Suites. Both times have been for business trips. For the second stay, I did look at other properties, but Country Inn provided the best rate and was also the most convenient location to where my business meetings were taking place.

This is a nice place; clean and well maintained. The king bed room that I had on the third floor was in good shape and well appointed. There was a microwave and small refrigerator in the room and a nice size flatscreen TV. I don’t watch much TV, but one night when I turned it on the cable was out (I just turned it off and didn’t worry about it for the rest of the night...like I said, I don’t watch much TV; I did call the next night and an “engineer” was dispatched and resolved the problem). Very comfortable and clean room. Free wifi in the room is a big plus. No issues connecting to the wifi/internet.

As for amenities that I did take advantage of, there is an exercise room, but it is only open from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM. The first morning that I was there, I went down at 4:00 and the room was open, so I got in my normal time on the treadmill. The next morning, the door was locked so I asked at the front desk and was told that the reason for the 6:00 AM start time was that there are guest rooms around the exercise center and they do not want to disturb the guests. Makes sense. I hope I did not wake anyone up when I got in early!

There is also a free breakfast buffet starting at 6:00 AM. Not and extensive spread, but still a decent mix of hot and cold foods. They also serve lunch and dinner (I only ate breakfast at the hotel so I cannot comment on the food or service).

This trip I did notice more noise from the adjoining rooms and the hallway. Not enough to be a real disturbance, but noticeable. My room did have a door connecting with the next room, and that might have been part of the noise issue.

As for the location, it is convenient to the highway, but far enough away that the road noise is not an issue. I did hear the traffic a little when sitting at the desk by the window, but not from the bed. There are no restaurants very near the hotel (other than the small one in the hotel). But there are several areas with dining options not too far away. We went to historic Murphy Avenue in Sunnyvale two nights during the stay where there is a variety of options; also just a short drive to Mountain View where there are even more dining options and shops..

Overall, I had a good stay. For me the only issue was the hours on the fitness center, but that was not too big of a concern. I will certainly consider staying at the Country Inn during future travels to the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Robert B, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 31 March 2012
We sincerely thank you for the wonderful feedback. It's comments such as yours that truly help us improve our service for you, our valued guest. We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit and you were able to explore beautiful Sunnyvale and visited the historic Murphy Avenue, our lively downtown strip with delicious restaurants and fun nightlife. Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon at the Country Inn & Suites Sunnyvale!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I've stayed at the Country Inns and Suites in Sunnyvale, CA at least 20 times and have had a very good stay almost every time. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, and the included breakfast is pretty good. I would say the property is a little older but is well maintained. The pool is too small, but at least it's heated all year round. I certainly plan to stay there again. They have free WiFi and the business center, while small, is a convenient place to print a map or document.

I've stayed in this hotel both as a solo business traveler and with my family.

Room Tip: The suites are nice but generally have only one bed.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Catherine V, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
Thank you for all the kind words. We actually just finished phase one of our renovations/room refresh(guestrooms,lobby, bar and meeting space area) We look forward to see again soon on your future travel in the Silicon Valley.
washington dc
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I chose Country Inns and Suites over several other hotels in the area and I am glad I did. The hotel was a small gem. The property is attractive and very clean looking. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were modern, clean and just very nice. The hotel was also close to the highway. The breakfast bar was great and the staff also accommodated our needs. I have no complaints, it you are in the area for business or pleasure, this should be your choice.

Room Tip: Based on reading the reviews of the other hotels in the area, I chose Country Inns and Suites. I am...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Catherine V, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
We appreciate your great feedback and we thank you for choosing us over the competition! We hope to see you again soon!
Fountain Valley, California
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This is one of the best I have ever stayed. The front desk is efficient and friendly. And the whole hotel is smoke free, I am not worry about being assigned a smoking room. And the receptionist took the time to call me to check on the condition of the room.

Everything is clean and there is no smell at all.

The room is quiet too. There is no neighbor, freeway and road noise. The only noise is from the A/C.

The breakfast had a good selection and the staff were efficient, helping to clear your table clutter, offering orange juice and replenishing the food items.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Robert B, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
We thank you for your comments regarding our Staff! It is our utmost goal for all guests to travel home with a smile on their face and a great nights sleep. Hope to see you again!
Paradise Valley, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Yes nice hotel - very surprised on the room size - was clean, quiet and comfortable. Great staff - on site bar / food was a plus - breakfast was great - I will stay at this property again. Wifi internet was super, but VPN support seems to be blocked. Flat screens are great - TV channels seem to be in analog or over air - quality seems a little poor on local channels.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with low numbers (like 102, 203, 302 etc) - their near the elevators and stairs
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
We thank you for your kind words. Great seeing our guests have a comfortable stay. We look forward having you here again soon.
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Went to this hotel first week of february, 2012.
The hotel is clean, has friendly staff, good room space and good breakfast.
It is really close to Baylands Park, if like trails.

Kapolei
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Traveled as a family of 2 and 2 children. Greeted by smiles and pleasant staff, from maintenance, front desk, housekeeping, etc. Close to 101 and Great America. Clean, spacious room. Flat screen, microwave and refrigerator. Impressive decor! Excellent WiFi connection! Our corner unit faced freeway, which did not bother us, it was peacefully quiet. Queen size beds were plush and comfy, perfect night's sleep! Ample free parking. Woke up to a tasty breakfast buffet, which to our surprise, offered Passion Orange Juice!! THE BEST FREE BREAKFAST BUFFET EVERRRRR!! Unforturnately, we did not try the heated pool and bar/lounge in lobby was closed while we were there :( Hopefully we will the next time we are in town! No free weights in fitness center, basic but still achieved a good work out. Certain hotel rooms were being renovated, but that didnt disturb us. We highly recommend this to everyone! Housekeeping does an amazing job!!! The pride shows.. Thank you for making our Christmas/New Years vacation a memorable one!! See you in the near future!

Room Tip: Loved being on the 2nd floor since we didnt have to wait for the elevator all the time.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jpearl_vm
Robert B, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale, responded to this review, 10 January 2012
Wow! Your kind words have left us speechless! We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your most recent stay. It is our utmost goal for all guests to have a comfortable and pleasant visit, I will be sure to pass your friendly remarks onto the rest of our Staff. We thank you again and we hope to see you once your travels bring you back to Sunnyvale!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunnyvale
5.6 km away
6.1 km away
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
Corporate Inn Sunnyvale
#6 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sunnyvale? Share your experiences!