“Good Japanese food ”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I went to Tanto with some friends for lunch. It was very tasty. I had the bento box with chicken teriyaki and California rolls. The dressing on the salad was unique. I think it was a sesame vinaigrette. It was light and flavorful. The chicken was moist, not overcooked. There was a full order of California rolls which was a nice surprise. The tempura was crispy and not oily at all. The restaurant is fairly small and they were very busy. Service was great, they took our order quickly and it didn't take long to get our food.

Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

Just ate here and since we aren't from here we based our decision from the reviews. If you are a party of two you may end up dining in the jail cell that we were put in. Food is meh, not much flavor and not appetizing to the eye. Sashimi moriawase was very thick sashimi, half the cut will be fine. Karaage lacked flavor, Ika mariuyaki didn't taste grilled, daikon salad was cut up daikon with nori and the natto hiyayako was a a big no. The natto was still frozen in the carton box shape and there was a raw egg that I didn't expect because it wasn't on the menu. (I don't like raw eggs) yaki onigiri had butter flavoring on it, not the grilled crispy onigiri taste. Overall taste is bad with everything. I would highly NOT recommend this place. Not sure of the high review and the long line outside before opening hours. Maybe it's because I am Japanese my review is a bit more critical.

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

The sashimi is great. Thick cut and fresh. The crispy rice ball is also good with fish, roe and green onion. Grill yellowtail collar is great

Reviewed May 10, 2018

very good food, very close to hotel i was staying in. i was recommended here many times because a lot of people like it. very good!

Reviewed February 22, 2018

One of the best Japanese restaurant in the bay area in my opinion. Nice Japanese dishes. Rich ball is a must try. Only one shortcoming if you mind the noise can be really high at times, cause people drink and talk here.