“Very pleased”

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Susanville
California
“Very pleased”
Reviewed 17 April 2012

As a woman who travels alone on business, with a rather stingy stipend most of the time, I can tell you Super 8's can vary a LOT around the country. I spent a very safe, quiet, comfortable night in this one last week. The staff was friendly and patient when I rolled in WAY after check-in time. My room was clean, well-appointed, had good wi-fi service. Not much place to walk the dog on-site, but I found a good place nearby. Overall, I was thoroughly pleased.

Room Tip: I stayed in a handicap accessible room on the ground floor. 2nd floor noise was minimal.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Wickenburg, Arizona
Reviewed 11 December 2011

When traveling we stay at Super 8s when possible. We were happy with the one here in Susanville as well - where we'd never stopped opvernight before. The room was spacious and clean with the usual Super 8 amenities, the staff were friendly and helpful. it was very quiet despite the proximity to the main road, and stores were within walking distance. We'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Parker, Arizona
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I stayed in early October for a night and was pleased with everything! The clerk at the desk was friendly and mindful of my privacy - as a woman travelling alone that was very nice. She pointed my room out to me on the map instead of announcing my room number - there were two men in the lobby at the time. The room was spacious, clean and nicely appointed. I thought the shower was very nice but I was hoping for a tub. The only disappointment was the complimentary breakfast. Very little selection there. All in all I would stay here again. Good nights stay at a good value.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 29 September 2011

There seemed to be an electrical problem in the first room we were given but were quickly moved to a new location. It appears quite new--large room, micro and fridge, ok linens, flat pillows. Breakfast was cereal, fruit, juice and toast.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 31 July 2011

I first called and talked to Shawnie. She was nice and accommodating. Upon arrival the room was very clean and later we used the pool which was also clean. The hotel was full because of the fair yet very quiet. No crime issues, and easy access to all you need.

I would stay there again!!

Thanks Shawnie for your excellent customer service!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank traveler89511
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 19 July 2011

This hotel is a chain and it was very apparent. There was no character whatsoever. It was reasonably clean but there was toothpaste on the wall. The staff was clinical...not friendly but not unfriendly. The pool was loaded with kids, so no swimming for anyone else. The best part about this hotel is that it is walking distance to Safeway and Starbucks and Walmart. If you are going to the fair, it is walking distance to the fairgrounds. The worst part was the breakfast was inedible. I have never seen so horrible a spread...packaged danish, soft apples, two kinds of bland cereal and white bread only for toast. I didn't even see any jam or butter. Also, there was no tub in the room.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Pismo Beach, California
Reviewed 12 July 2011

This is my favorite chain hotel, so when I get the chance to stay at one I do. Never disappointed with the spacious rooms, nor the cleanliness. This one has a tight parking lot, an uninviting pool area, but is close to shopping and Hwy 395. The rest of the local hotel selection looked iffy to me, so I opted for this place and was grateful for the nice shower and good nights sleep.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business