“Excellent sampler plate”

Cavana’s Pub & Grub
Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Sutter Creek
Reviewed October 11, 2017

My companion came in to this place for a late lunch (1:30pm) after some serious antique shopping in downtown Sutter Creek. While not overly hungry, we did need to eat so we decided to split the sampler plate. It contained chicken wings, deep fried zucchini, deep fried artichoke hearts and fried chicken. There were about 4-5 pieces of each item listed above. The deep fried zucchini and the fried chicken were the best but the other items were all good. It was just what we needed to get us back out to finish wandering around downtown Sutter Creek.

Overall: Recommended

Reviewed October 2, 2017

It was my folks and I, hungry as can be in Sutter Creek. Loads of wine tasting spots and charming little stores and all the mystique of the old gold rush, but very few restaurants. We heard good things about Cavana's Pub & Grub so we went there.
First thing you notice is the aroma from the kitchen and the sound of happy patrons at their cool blue underlighted bar... ALWAYS a good sign. The location has undergone a thorough renovation and is just really top notch for casual dining. We counted seven televisions cleverly situated so they were easy to view from anywhere, but not obnoxiously loud or blaring to annoy those who just want to enjoy a nice meal or a cocktail. We were there for lunch and I never even noticed the TVs.
Their Pub & Grub drink menu features best local brews and on the food side, there is a lot of deli and lighter choices. As for the burgers, they use only Swingle's beef (fresh and local) so it is upscale and rather pricey, but it must be said... It is SO worth it!
My folks ordered their regular Pub Cheese Burger with fries and split it, I got Cavana's signature Bluecheese Burger with the garlic fries. There is no way to articulate how @#$^ delicious that lunch was, so I'll summarize... My father (86) said it was the best burger he had ever had... ever! Mom agreed, but I couldn't speak as I sat across the table from both with that delicious concoction of sauce, garlic, blue cheese, and burger juice all over my 4th napkin (even a little dripping down my arm). We were just blown away with that exquisite and satisfying grub and with such massive portions, we all took something yummy home.

2  Thank Thomas S
Reviewed September 23, 2017

We traveled to Sutter Creek for the foundry and had an excellent lunch at Cavana's. The half Pastrami sandwich was piled high with tasty lean pastrami. I noticed at adjacent tables that the 10 ounce burgers were huge. Consider sharing unless you intend to bypass dinner later.

Reviewed September 4, 2017

"Pub grub" means "not gourmet food." But after a day of wine tasting, some greasy pub food is just what we needed. As it turned out, the place is comfortable and service was fine. The food was better than we expected. The burger was cooked just right although it could have used a little more seasoning. The half sandwich was piled high and the salad was fresh and crisp. At this price I think we got very good value considering both the quality and quantity of the food we got.

Reviewed August 30, 2017

The food was very good here. Located directly opposite the Sutter Creek Hotel, as I remember. Would eat there anytime