“Good meal”

Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

Had dinner with large group. Good service. Brussel sprout appetizer was good. Had filet which was tasty but I ordered med rare served med well. Not good. Other then that all went well

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed October 7, 2018

Love the food and atmosphere at the historic Hotel Sutter! It is a great place for a date or lunch with friends. The brussel sprout appetizers are fantastic. Love the French Dip and burgers too. The bar tender has made a few special drinks upon my request too.

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

What a great dinner at The Sutter Hotel's Restaurant! Samantha, our waitress, made sure we had an amazing meal and a wonderful time. She was helpful, making great suggestions, and very accommodating. The food was delicious, hot, large portions and presented beautifully.

The restaurant was a short walk from the Grey Gable B&B, where we stayed and I highly recommend a weekend in Amador which includes the B&B and the restaurant!

Reviewed September 28, 2018

My sisters and I spent two nights and days in Sutter Creek and loved Hotel Sutter. The bar and the restaurant were great. We had meat and fish and all of our meals were excellent quality. The best bread and appetizers! Our servers were friendly and helpful. We highly recommend Hotel Sutter.

Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

I'm so upset I'm not sure where to start! Been here multiple times before. Went in and sat in the bar area to get something to eat. Proceeded to wait about 10 min for the bartender(Erin) to finally come over to our table, she had no menus with her and was unprepared to even take our (2 of us) drink order because she also didn't have her pen and paper. So we waited longer for her to go retrieve these items. Jump ahead. We finally have our drinks and are looking over the menu when we hear Erin speaking to an older gentlemen sitting at the bar telling him she won't serve him anymore because he was "sarcastic" with her (WHAT? I know for a fact that these guys are regulars) I talk to my friend about how crazy I thought it was that she basically kicked them out. She then comes to our table and asks me with an attitude "Did you say something" (I'm baffled) we finally place our food order, which we have to wait again for her to go grab her pen and paper -shes wearing an apron so i dont really understand this. And she still hasn't greeted the couple that sat at a table next to us 5 min ago. Over the next 30 minutes the bar looses 11 customers due to Erins inability to do her job. I go ask for a manager because this is absolutely ridiculous. Ruthella asks what she can do for me and I inform her of everything that's been going on. The bartender comes over from the bar to glare at me while I'm speaking with the manager (Umm don't you have a job to do?) I go back to my table. Watching as the bar continues to empty. Ruthella then comes over and says you know I'm trying to talk to her and fix this situation but we can hear you talking about her. First I don't care if you can hear me. Welcome to the customer service industry. Second it's not just me, your whole entire bar - literally every patron is talking about what's going on and we are all basically shocked by it. Ruthella asks if we want to stay or if she should go stop our food order. We are hungry and want to stay so she tells us she's going to have a different server take care of us. Ok fine. Ruthella comes back and states that she is going to move us to a different table on the restaurant side so "We don't have to worry about what the bartender is doing" WHAT!?!?!
Fine whatever. I thought servers came to your table not the other way around but whatever. We then find out that our food order was never put in (sandwiches) I'M DONE!!!! We decide we are going to leave... here comes the bill for our drinks, we pay it but I'm pissed. SO MANY THINGS WENT WRONG HERE! And after everything. Our 2 drinks should have been comped and we should have been apologised to for the inconvenience, etc. ABSOLUTELY AWFUL!!!

2  Thank Ashleigh S