“Don't Forget the Carrot Cake!”

Tahoe House Bakery & Gourmet
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Tahoe City
Price range: US$20 - US$20
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 11 July 2017

I cannot say enough good things about this fabulous little Tahoe City jewel. The owners and staff are wonderful people, they serve the best of EVERYTHING--- various coffee drinks, bakery goods (my favorites are their overloaded blueberry muffins and a most excellent carrot cake), quick items for snacking, awesome breads, generous sandwiches and so much more. It's a great spot to meet friends, bring your computer to do a little Internet work, or pick up one of their newspapers (some for sale; some left behind by previous customers) and catch up on the world.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

Stopped by one morning while on a week long visit to Tahoe. Great place! Friendly staff! The white mocha was delicious! The cinnamon rolls, muffins and granola bars too!
I even got some homemade granola to bring back to Texas with me!
Loved it!!

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

Truly love it here. Best bread - period. Sandwiches are killer and the baked goods are ridiculous! Fast and delicious. There regular cup of coffee is soooo good! Yummmmy

Reviewed 16 June 2017 via mobile

This rating is not based on my visit there today. It is based on a collection of visits. We have been going here periodically for years. They have some very tempting baked good, on the gourmet side. However, we typically go for sandwiches as they are convenient to take to the lake or beach. We went there today and I was a bit disappointed with my tuna sandwich, which was very bland. This was not typical of our experiences. I have had a very good meat loaf sandwich in the past. Overall, I would still recommend this place

Reviewed 15 June 2017

Wherever you are in Lake Tahoe, it is worth the drive to visit the Tahoe House! We had the Swiss Chocolate Croissants which were light, flaky, dipped partially in chocolate and melted in our mouths. They have a very diverse menu, with savory baked goods as well as sweet, with breakfast and lunch served if you want to sit down and enjoy. Everything looks wonderful here, and if you're looking to take some food souvenirs home, they have an entire room with the Tahoe House brand.