“Amazing hummus!”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 12 January 2017 via mobile

Everything I have had here is really good. The hummus is silky smooth and garlicky. The dolmas are just nice and lemony and the tzatziki sauce is really good. They have a wide variety on the menu and I have not had anything bad. The garlic fries are to die for!

Reviewed 9 January 2017 via mobile

Eat here often and the food never disappoints - authentic and seasoned to perfection.. great portion size and the prices are very fair.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Stopped here after a day at work in Tehachapi before the drive home. I was so happy to see (what I spell/know as) kibbe (they spell it a little different on their menu), Its an appetizer. These are the real deal. Hand made and deep fried (we often called them Armenian footballs because that's what they look like). Its minced meat in bulgar wheat and then deep fried. Also had a spanakopita - phyllo dough wrapped around cheese and spinach (which is greek) as well as a side of (what we call) mujettera - rice with lentil beans. The owner is from Jerusalem and the food is authentic.

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

I have heard such great things about this local Mediterranean deli in downtown Tehachapi. I was not disappointed. We arrived early for lunch before the lunch crowd arrived. The smells of fresh backed goodies met us outside. Petra's has an extensive menu which includes all your Mediterranean favorites as well as a hamburger, meatball sub & pizza. You order at the counter & your food & drinks are brought to your table. There is plenty of seating inside the deli & patio dining is also available weather permitting. If you are a local and haven't tried Petra's, do yourself a favor & stop by. If you are visiting Tehachapi you will find Petra's directly across from the movie theatre.

Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

My family had lunch here recently and the food was delicious! This was our first visit, and we enjoyed it. I had the pastrami sandwich and my wife and daughter had small pizzas. We will definitely come back again! It's nice to know a good little restaurant is downtown across from the theater! Enjoy

1  Thank Bryan F