“Excellent!”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

Terrific service and incredibly delicious food! We had the garlic fries (Excellent) I loved my Falafel Plate and my Husband throughly enjoyed his Beef Kebab plate. The food is fresh, perfectly prepared and delicious! Before we left, we ordered Baklava to go. I must confess that it was truly the best we've ever had! There is plenty of indoor seating and a small patio right outside. If you're even close to this delightful mediterranean food paradise, make certain to give it a try! We are so that glad we did!

1  Thank Dianna430

Reviewed September 3, 2017

While not the absolute best Mediterranean restaurant I have ever been to (I've been to many, all over the place, from Greece to California), Petra is solidly good and tasty. You are not likely to go wrong by stopping here, which is not something I can say for every restaurant in Tehachapi.
The lamb/beef gyros were delicious, and washing it down with their wonderful mint tea is a must. It is clear the family that runs Petra is very good at what they do, and I look forward to trying more of the menu, as it all looked quite tasty! We definitely recommend Petra for anyone considering Mediterranean food in Tehachapi. We'll be back!

Reviewed August 26, 2017 via mobile

Stopped for lunch after a glider trip. Small restaurant with big flavor. Had the chicken shawarma for first time...and falafels! Loved them both. Reasonable prices. Quick service and friendly. Continually busy so obviously a favorite of the local community.

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

Since Petras came to town, it is one of my favorite go to places. The food is consistently good, the price is right and the owners take great pride in their business. Lots of times when I eat out, I have one favorite item from the menu and that is what I stick with. That is not the case here. I love it all. Things that I would never even imagine to try, I have and it's wonderful. They have taught me to get out of my food comfort zone and appreciate other items on the menu. Great Place!

Reviewed August 16, 2017 via mobile

As I was traveling through the area, I stopped and had lunch at this great Mediterranean restaurant. I had the lunch special and a drink and it was wonderful. The Mediterranean salad was fresh and good and the grilled chicken wrap was the best. Quite a busy little place v