“Not the best customer service”
Review of SunRise Balloons

SunRise Balloons
More attraction details
Owner description: Since 1975, Sunrise Balloons has established recognized standards of safety, service, style and attention to detail. Dan Glick, pilot, is both a commercial balloon & helicopter pilot with over 7,000 hours of flight time! Your outing is planned to offer you a most enjoyable, unhurried balloon flight experience at a competitive price. Your balloon flight includes numerous professional photos, video clip & champagne picnic aloft. Enjoy the view, make new friends and expect the best!
Reviewed 7 October 2011

The hot air balloon ride itself was a nice experience. Getting to the balloon ride was a challenge because of such poor customer service on the part of SunRise Ballloons. First of all, they are really bad at returning calls to confirm the time of the ride and whether or not it was going to happen. They never pick up the phone when we called them. The morning of the balloon ride, they had us get there at 5:45am and had us wait over 2 hours before the actual ride. They gave us and the other people excuses that didn't make sense. After a 2 plus hour wait, they gave us another excuse that seemed to be a lie about the weather on why we and the other guest would not be going on the ride that morning. They didn't offer a solution like a discount or a ride on another day. Once everyone there was mad, they finally allowed us all to go on the balloon ride. I wouldn't go thru this company again for a hot air balloon ride. The seemed to lack professionalism.

8  Thank SantaM0nicaTraveler

Reviewed 17 September 2011

My husband & I joined my sister & husband for a sunrise balloon ride and were not disappointed. Started out with coffee, champagne, OJ & pastries, photos taken before, during and after ride with champagne and desserts available following. All people involved with Sunrise were kind and knowledgeable and it was very well organized. Free photos available about a month after trip via Facebook download. Dan was a great pilot! Loved hearing about his experiences.I would take another trip with them without hesitation.

1  Thank PottstownTwin
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We arrived at the regular launch site (a local winery) and the fog was thick. Lot of fellow "flyers" were worried that the flight would be cancelled. But the folks at SunRise were already out scouting for a launch site above the fog. And thats what happened. They loaded us into vehicles and we rode to where we found the balloons being inflated. Needless to say, the flight went off just fine and was great. I can check this off my bucket list.

Lots of great eats before, during and after the flight with plenty of adult and alternative beverages.

1  Thank snake_driver_27
Reviewed 28 August 2011

After hearing and reading mixed reviews, we were a bit concerned. Fortunately, the balloon ride itself was excellent. Our pilot, Dan, very knowledgable is a wealth of information, both about flying and about the city of Temecula and the wineries. We were in the air for about hour and half but it went by quickly. The weather was perfect, the air up in the sky was little hazy in the early morn but it was so tranquil and beautiful!

Our hostess/photographer, Megan, was pleasant. She informed us all of what was going on and when to get in the ballon and so on. She also took many pictures of everyone both in and out of the balloon. She and Dan communicated on walkie talkies so she was able to follow us and take photos of us in the air as well. Some poses she had us do were somewhat hokie and cheesy but hopefully the shots will translate better. Our ride was just 4 days ago so we don't expect to see it posted for 3 weeks as we were told.

So why only 4 star rating? Well, as a whole experience, I think the office, or the people who work in the office need to do a better job of communicating. I made our reservation months in advance and after reading so many negative reviews, I called few times and left email message. No one ever responded. I was very concerned b/c I had bought it from travel zoo under Uncorked Tours. With a different name, I wanted some reassurance. Finally, about a week before our flight, I was able to speak with someone and got the reassurance we were looking for.

3  Thank scoshi
Reviewed 18 August 2011

We had a great time on SunRise Balloons! I definitely recommend it.

I saw mixed reviews so I wasn't really sure what to expect but everything was great. We had no problem booking with our groupon (a complaint that I saw others had), the staff was very warm and friendly (we had Mark for our Pilot and Marcus for our Host), and the ride itself was wonderful with a smooth landing.

Our pilot told us that because there are so many balloon rides around Temecula, the values are the best in that area with all of the competition so if you're thinking of doing a hot air balloon, this is the place to do it. And one of the differences (again coming from our pilot) about SunRise is that they have a car that picks you up where you land so you don't have to wait for the balloon to be packed up.

I see people complained about the length of time for the pictures but they're free (unlike most of the other companies) so I don't mind waiting a month to get them.

My only critique is that they call it a "brunch" which I would not. There are cinnamon roles, fruit, coffee, and champagne at check-in, apples, crackers, cheese, and champagne on the ride, and cheesecake, grapes, champagne, and coffee at the reception afterwards. It was all good but lighter fare than what I think of for brunch.

If you do go, definitely dress in layers because it's chilly in the morning but once you're in the balloon it gets warm.

2  Thank danielleybelle

Been to SunRise Balloons? Share your experiences!