“Unique motorcycle theme throughout”
Review of Doffo Winery

Doffo Winery
Ranked #11 of 110 things to do in Temecula
Reviewed June 5, 2018

Nice courtyard for enjoying a bottle of Doffo and your own snack.

We tasted the upper priced reds. Enjoyed them enough o join the club. Price points are mid for a nicer wine but lower than the same offerings in Napa. Not comparing Napa to Temecula, but just the pricing.

Be sure to try the Chimichurri. YUM!!!!

All reviews
"great wine"
in 9 reviews
"sitting area"

Reviewed May 15, 2018

Thank you Brandon for taking care of our group of 8, your service was so welcoming and interactive, the wines were awesome and the location is charming. Forget the big wineries, check out the smaller locations, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed April 23, 2018 via mobile

Went here for my husband to see the motorcycles and stayed the afternoon due to the excellent wines! We did a tasting of their premium wines ( all reds) and each one was as a good or better than the last! Great staff - they managed to get my husband a tour of the owner’s private motorcycle collection. Large tasting room with a patio overlooking the fields, nice sunset views and dog friendly! Will definitely return.

Reviewed April 18, 2018

Of my more than 1150 reviews on yelp, and more than 250 reviews on tripadvisor, I have awarded 1 star to a business less than 5% of the time---This is one of those times….if I could award zero stars I would!!!

I had bookmarked this winery for awhile knowing I wanted to try their wines. The prior year, when I visited the area but couldn’t make it to their winery, I contacted the winery to get the details of their wines and inquire about their membership club.
This past week, as I returned to the area, I excitedly planned my visit to the winery. I researched the wines online, reviewed their membership, and also called the winery to get more specific details. One would say I was ready to buy in and drink the kool-aid.

Upon entry to the small tasting room, I immediately felt concerned. Despite the fact that there were three servers attending to the customers, no one acknowledged me with a “hello” or “welcome”. Further, I saw there weren’t any smiling faces. The staff seemed like they were automatons, going through motions to pour wines, and go on to the next customer.

However, the worst was yet to come…..

During my telephone call with Erica, a staff member, she specifically told me to join the club online prior to visiting the winery, so that there wouldn’t be a tasting fee, and that the start of the purchased wines would commence with the next regularly scheduled shipment. She said this “loophole” as she referred to it, in essence would enable me to have the tasting without having to buy any wines that day.

Yet, Alex my server upon verifying that I was a member declared that at the end of the tasting I would be required to purchase two bottles. When I related what my understanding was as a result of my conversation with Erica, I asked him to get her for clarification. Yet when Erica came to the room to confront the issue, she backed off her prior statements and yielded to “policy”, not flexible in granting what was obviously her earlier misstatements as an error, and owning it.

The result of the attitudes I experienced by both staff killed any appetite I had for the wines and could not enable me to taste more than the first sip of wine. Is this how they treat prospective family members???

When I or a member of my company made a mistake, we honored that commitment to the customer, and went on. The refusal to accept responsibility for a minor mistake left such a poor taste in my mouth for the company that I simply immediately left the winery. They lost my business.

See more reviews
Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

I love wine. I love Malbec. Many wineries dont think Malbec can stand on it's own, it's more of a mixing bourdoux grape. I haven't had a ton of Malbecs that stand up good on their own but when they do I recognize it. Deffo has the best reserve Malbec I have had in a really long time. Their regular Malbec is really good too, with pepper and tobacco and earthy but the reserve label is amazing. If you are in the market for NICE deep reds (bourdoux style) and if you love Malbecs it is worth it to take the ti.e to stop by Doffo as this is the best Malbec SoCal seems to have to offer. They have some super cool motorcycles as well so go when you ha e the time to check out their collection.