“Disaster of a hotel!”

Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Phoenix
“Disaster of a hotel!”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Took a half hour to check in when we arrived very late at night. Attendant argued that we hadn't booked two rooms even when she was shown the reservation. One of our rooms was so drenched in cigarette smoke it was sickening and the only other room was on another floor, so we weren't very happy that two of our kids couldn't even stay on the same floor.
Glasses were dirty, window couldn't close all the way so the freeway sound was very loud, not to mention the fight in the parking lot at 3am. Drunk people were wandering from room to room banging on doors and there was an eviction notice taped to a door across the hall.
If you're looking for a low income housing development and some people to party with in the wee hours of the morning, this is the place for you...
They did refund our money and we checked out with bags under our eyes headed to another hotel down the street to get some rest.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank C R
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Temecula - Wine Country, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Temecula-Wine Country. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies. As a hotel manager, we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable at a exceptional price. Please know that we have a strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as nonsmoking rooms. It should never be the case that a guest request a non smoking room is placed in a smoking room when preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with the staff to find out how such an experience occurred and determine a system for preventing a repeat occurence.Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other Extended Stay Hotels(sm) brand location in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Carson City, Nevada
Reviewed 23 April 2012

From the reviews and the hotel comment that they had been recently renovated we booked here our last time in Temecula. I was expecting more. It was rather like a low end hotel (Motel 6--although we stayed at a Motel 6 in Gilroy and it was nicer) with a kitchen. The kitchen had a full size fridge (with a good freezer) and a stove, so was good for cooking and even included pans dishes etc.
The mattress was as hard as the floor and the sheets were so small the maids couldn't even get them down over the mattress. They were renovating the room across the hall and started with hammers, drills, saws etc early in the morning. Not conducive to relaxation. Fortunately we were only there one night. Their new 'grab and go' breakfast was a joke.

Room Tip: Make sure they are not renovating near your room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Temecula - Wine Country. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. You certainly have my sincerest apologies. I wanted to response to the noise disturbance during our renovation phase. We do our best to ensure our noise from the construction doesn't interfere with our guest's stay. We apology for not meeting that goal. In response to your second feedback, we understand how important your comfort is to us. We do recognize that if guests can't get a good night's sleep, they won't return, so we've chosen the bedding that we hope best suites their needs. I do take seriously your concern, and promise that we will continue to look for ways to make sure every guest is as comfortable as possible when staying with us. Once again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link on the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any Extended Stay Hotels (sm) other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stayed there with my family for a weekend and the service was great as well as it was a clean and nice room. Would recommend others to stay there

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Temecula-Wine Country. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. I will definitely share your comments with my wonderful staff and highly recognize them for their excellent customer service! We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Reviewed 31 March 2012

I stayed in Temecula while relocating to the area in February. The rooms had just been remodeled and were really nice. I loved having a kitchen in the room. The staff were friendly and helpful, and housekeeping did a great job keeping the room clean during my stay. I would definetly recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed February 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Temecula-Wine Country. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that this offering is compelling because of the continued compliments we receive from guests like you. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Murrieta, California
Reviewed 20 March 2012

We are looking for a place to stay with our cats when we move to the area in a few weeks. The pet fee is $25 per pet per day, up to $150 per stay. Boarding kennels in the area only charge $20 per day for the 2 cats together! Not to mention that other pet friendly hotels in the area do not have ANY fees for pets. NOT a good deal!

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Temecula hotels

Orange, California
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I was in town for business nice place very clean friendly staff

Room Tip: none I had a great confortable stay
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business