“Only if you need to stay for a wedding...”
Review of Temecula Creek Inn

Temecula Creek Inn
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Temecula
Reviewed 17 July 2017

As a wedding venue this place is absolutely gorgeous. The rooms leave much to be desired. The mattress and bedding has a cheap hotel feel and the pillows are awful. Convenient place to crash pre/post wedding.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow of you have to stay here and don't plan to workout as the gym is over crow...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Chad B, Director of Operations at Temecula Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Thank you for your great comments about the wedding. All of our weddings are absolutely stunning!

Our apologies about the bedding. I am sorry that you did not get a good nights sleep. We will take the time and go through our pillows and replace where necessary.

Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

We spent three nights for a family wedding taking place at the inn. The grounds were stunning and the wedding was beautiful. My complaint is with the hotel. I thought that the rooms were tired and in need of refurbishing. The carpet was stained and the room did not seem clean. The bed was old and lumpy and the sheets old. I don't think they were changed. The line for checking out was very long and inefficient.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 July 2017

They will try to screw you on checking out. The wait in line to check out was about half an hour (only two people working.) so by the time you check out you just want to get out of there and it is too late to question Room Revenue for $30 dollars or Svc Chg & Con Rm Rental Whatever the heck that is.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

I was expecting a dirty room looking at all the comments but it was not that bad as many described

The only bad point for now is that I came with my dogs but I wasn't allowed to leave them in the room by themselves even when they are kennel trained and we brought their kennels ...which practically ruined the vacation because we were not able to go to the wineries

But I was happy to come in the room and actually see dog bowls and treats

We brought our own but still is a nice touch

So I give them 5 stars for that

We had some cheese from the restaurant
Another 5 stars
(Although 5 dollars for delivery plus 18% service (tip ) included )

Room ...between 3 and 4 stars ..... we walk barefoot and feet ended up being grossly dark

Maybe it needs carpet shampoo ??or one time rooms shoes for guests

Pool ... didn't used it

View from the room 2 stars I wished I could see the golf course and not a bunch of not cared trees

Overall ...would I come again ....depending on the price

But again room was not as dirty as many said so for me I could sleep normally

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Beautiful grounds...has the makings of a beautiful stay, but the room was disgusting. Tub didn't drain, toilets didn't flush, sinks had black stuff coming out of the pipes. The lights were so low you could barely see. Spots on the blinds and filth on the toilets.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank E4065BTdaniellew
Reviewed 19 June 2017

We purchased the Date night special because it was our wedding anniversary. Our quiet night was ruined by a barking yapping dog next door. For what we spent it did not meet our expectations. This is not the price of a Fairfield Inn. Dog rooms should be in a separate part of the hotel. Not a good experience.

Room Tip: Please know that this is a pet friendly hotel and that pets are allowed in all of the rooms even if...
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Djhaon
Reviewed 8 June 2017

Disclaimer: I didn't actually sleep in the hotel, I booked the room for my Dad who came to town to attend my son's graduation.
I chose this hotel because of the proximity to my home and the beautiful scenery, my Dad lives in the mountains and I thought he would appreciate the views.
I booked the king corner room which was large and had great views of the golf course. I chose a room on the ground floor because my Dad has mobility issues. The room had a wrap around patio with chairs and it was quite nice to sit and enjoy fresh air and was very quiet except for the upstairs guest who had a very loud phone conversation outside on his balcony.
The room was huge and had a comfortable sitting area. My Dad said the bed was comfortable. There is a nice area that has a coffee maker and a fridge you can load your own things in. The room my Dad stayed in appeared to be in good working order, I did not see any of the damaged interior other reviewers have mentioned.
My Dad used the guest computers in the hotel lobby and had room service the first night of his stay, both of which he was pleased with.
The Cork Fire Grill restaurant located at the hotel has good food, and great service. Since we live nearby we have been there for breakfast before. We like to sit outside with the view of the golf course and the sound of the water features, I find it quite nice.
The hotel is easy to get to, down the street from Pechanga Indian Casino, close to Old Town Temecula and wine country.
Now for the bad. As previous reviewers have pointed out, the lighting in the bathroom is ridiculous. Think night light, that's about how bright the bathroom is with the lights on. I was concerned my Dad would fall because it was so dark in there. A woman trying to put her make-up on would have to go sit near the window to be able to see. I just do not understand the lack of adequate lighting.
I dealt with three different women at the front desk and they were rude and unfriendly, to the point I felt concerned about my Dad should he have any needs arise during his stay, I didn't want him to be mistreated. Luckily we live right down the street (the reason he didn't stay at my home is he can not walk up the stairs in my house to get to the guest room and bathroom).
I spoke to a nice lady named Lisa when booking the room and when I called back to request an early check in, which didn't happen.
On the morning of the second day of my Dad's stay we were visiting him in his room and he mentioned that house keeping had not been around to attend to the room. We left at 3:00 p.m. so my Dad could take a nap and the housekeeper made an appearance soon after that. My Dad had to turn her away because he was resting.
Aside from what I feel is a general lacking of customer service on the hotel's side, I think this is a nice place to stay. I was never informed of the amenities available at the hotel, since I was the one paying and interacting with the front desk I found this to be odd. So, I can't comment on the pool or anything else. I had to ask where the room was located since the rooms are spread out in different buildings on the property. The rude front desk lady pulled one of those snarky "you're welcome" comments before I could say thank you (guess I didn't say it fast enough after asking where the room was).
I would recommend this hotel, just don't expect the front desk staff to make much of an effort to make you feel welcome, don't ask for an early check in, don't be surprised if housekeeping isn't knocking on your door first thing in the morning, and ladies, plan in advance how to get ready in a dark bathroom.

Room Tip: Corner king room is huge
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family