All reviewsgolf coursestone housefire grillgolf resortgolf packagegreat golfplay golfin great shapeon site restaurantwedding venuewine tastinggrounds are lovelywine countryold townrooms are nicelocal wineriesget away
Reviewed August 11, 2017

My wife and I recently stayed for 1 night . We booked the "Date Night" package on the website which gets you an upgraded room, bottle of sparkling wine (mediocre), chocolate truffles (good, but only 2 of them), and a $75 credit to Cork Fire, the on site restaurant.

The room was very big. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The bathroom was not too clean, some hairs in the tub and general grime here and there. Could use a more thorough cleaning. With the package we got a corner room with a huge wrap-around balcony and golf course views. Unfortunately we found the balcony area home to several large spider webs & spiders. I didn't call the front desk to have this corrected, but it would have been nice to enjoy the balcony just after sunset.

We had a nice dinner experience at Cork Fire. We split the cheese board and brussel sprouts appetizers, both of which were good, along with fantastic bread and butter prior to our main course. Our entree was the Cast Iron New York Steak which they gladly split for us. The highlight was dessert, we had the pineapple fritters. They were AMAZING.

After our great dinner experience at Cork Fire we decided to head back for breakfast on our 2nd day. Unfortunately this resulted in the worst part of our trip. The breakfast menu is lacking compared to the dinner menu. The food was good but not great. The biggest complaint by far was that there was another patron who came in just before us with a large Bulldog, which she told the hostess was a service animal. I understand there are likely legal issues related to asking for verification of such a claim but there was no reasonable explanation of how the animal was a service dog, as the owner has no apparent disability and the animal had no service dog vest. None of this would have bothered me however if the owner and animal were seated outdoors. Initially that is where the hostess took them but then a few minutes later they joined us in the indoor dining room. I am a dog-lover but having an animal in the dining room during my wife and I's romantic getaway was not ideal, particularly when the dog let out a series of loud barks which happened 3 times. I understand and respect the willingness to accommodate this owner and animal but I believe allowing them into the dining room was a mistake. It certainly marred our breakfast and the other patrons didn't seem too pleased either.

Overall enjoyed our stay, good value, and we hope to return.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed August 9, 2017 via mobile

TCI was the perfect choice for our wedding night! We got married at a nearby venue and did a room block for family at TCI so we were hesitant to stay there on our wedding night. The staff was beyond sweet and ensured we had a discrete, easy checkin, stayed in a building away from our guests, and kindly accommodated a late checkout. When we arrived in our room there was a welcome card and bottle of champagne to toast our marriage! My only piece of feedback is that the next morning our families gathered by the pool to enjoy brunch (we had given the hotel a heads up a week in advance) but due to the high wedding season, the kitchen was backed up and an hour plus wait for even a cup of coffee. Not a huge deal but we would have made a reservation at the restaurant for better service if we had known.

Regardless, we look forward to visiting again for anniversaries. Temecula Creek Inn will always hold a special place in our hearts!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2017

I stayed at the Temecula Creek Inn for a golf weekend with some buddies. We stayed one night and I had a room at the ground level facing the golf course. I was in the building closest to the restaurant.
To get to my room I had to go down the stairs from the parking lot and as soon as I did the whole feel of the place changed. It was dark and unappealing. The room was fine but there were no outlets near the bed to plug in your phone or ipad. The rest of the room was ok but nothing about it made you happy to be there. It felt very "motel-ish".

The good news is that the staff was very helpful at check-in, at the golf course and at the bar/restaurant. The golf course is also very nice and will gladly play it again.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2017

As a wedding venue this place is absolutely gorgeous. The rooms leave much to be desired. The mattress and bedding has a cheap hotel feel and the pillows are awful. Convenient place to crash pre/post wedding.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow of you have to stay here and don't plan to workout as the gym is over crowded and the size of a walk in closet. Also rooms have extremely thin walls so bring white noise if that helps you.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Jessica H
Chad B, Director of Operations at Temecula Creek Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2017

Thank you for your great comments about the wedding. All of our weddings are absolutely stunning!

Our apologies about the bedding. I am sorry that you did not get a good nights sleep. We will take the time and go through our pillows and replace where necessary.

Reviewed July 12, 2017 via mobile

We spent three nights for a family wedding taking place at the inn. The grounds were stunning and the wedding was beautiful. My complaint is with the hotel. I thought that the rooms were tired and in need of refurbishing. The carpet was stained and the room did not seem clean. The bed was old and lumpy and the sheets old. I don't think they were changed. The line for checking out was very long and inefficient.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family