“A Great Family Hotel Easy on the Finances, "Great Location:”

Best Western Plus Avita Suites
Ranked #1 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We normally stay at the Staybridge in Torrance, but that was full this time. Found this on my iPhone & the staff gave us AAA discount, originally it was to be one night but ended up staying 4 nights.
The room we had was nice & clean with no noise, comes with a small kitchenette. The breakfast was included which is standard American Fare & it was good. Free WiFi through out the complex which is good when everyone has iPhones & iPads. The staff were very helpful when asked.
I recommend this Hotel mainly for Location, No Night Noise, Good Breakfast, Nice Staff, Free Parking unlike the Marriot across the road which asks $14-00/Night. Have a Good Time in Torrance at this Hotel close to all Ammenities.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pauljkiwi

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel night before an early flight from LAX. Hotel is brand new. Room was very clean. In a safe quiet area of torrance close to food and most importantly for us LAX. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EastersTravel
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Booked this hotel for my daughter and a friend for an overnight stay in Torrance to visit friends. Hotel staff and room were fabulous!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Starfish63
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I needed to stay at avita suites for a couple months before I moved into my new home, and this was the perfect hotel to spend 2 months! The staff is incredibly kind, helpful and accommodating, this includes the front desk clerks and the brilliant cleaning staff! I never felt weary about what was lurking in the corners of the room because everything was so modern, clean and new. The breakfast was a major plus, every morning they served eggs, sausage, waffles, bacon, hash browns and the list goes on. I enjoyed their exercise room and took advantage of their business room that also included a printer and a fax machine, I thought this was extremely convenient. Every room has a microwave and a fridge which is great for long stays. Parking, especially in Los Angeles is always a task, so the fact that they had free covered and uncovered parking was a relief and a pleasant extra. Everything you want from a hotel Best Western Plus Avita Suites has it. No doubt I would and probably will stay there again in the future. :)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank peaceandjoy3
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My daughter and I stayed at this property and would definitely recommend it! My daughter and I arrived late from a drive in from Texas and were exhausted, starving and frazzled by the crazy LA freeways and the young lady who checked us in was very nice and helped us find several restaurants that would deliver so that we wouldn’t have to go out again that night and she was able to recommend sever tour companies to get some sightseeing in. Everything was really exceptional – the front desk staff were all very friendly and helpful! The breakfast staff was wonderful and provided a great assortment - eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, waffles, cereals, pastries, yogurts. The rooms were clean – the shower was sooo wonderful! We also used their business center while we were there and the computers and printer really helped us plan out a couple of last minute things including our next hotel reservations!

Room Tip: Rooms are all pretty quiet - we were by the elevator and were not at all disturbed by traffic outsid...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 50StatesTravelor
Reviewed 14 March 2012

My family stayed here prior to our family cruise. The amenities were decent since this hotel is fairly new. The breakfast was good (included eggs, sausage, bacon and waffles). I didn't like the above counter bathroom sink as it was too high for my kids and there was no step stool. The lighting in the bathroom mirror was behind me which provided poor lighting and the mirror was too far from the sink (hard to put on makeup). We were on the top (4th) floor which I thought would be quiet. We could hear the traffic noise from the street, but that was mild compared to the 3 phone calls we got in the middle of the night!
I got a horrible night's sleep (or lack of sleep). At about 2:30 a.m., the phone rang and an automated message came over the speaker phone. I ran from my bed to the desk where the phone was, thinking it was my iPhone that was recharging. I shut down my iPhone. Then shortly thereafter, the phone rang and it was the front desk. This time my husband ran out of bed and tried to respond to the phone call, but there was no response. Then for a 3rd time, the phone rang again and it was an automated message again. My husband called the front desk who said it was their fault because an automated message that was set up for the previous guest was not reset. My husband filled out a hard copy survey with our complaint when we left and gave it to the front desk clerk but her response was that there was no manager to listen to our complaint. The least that a hotel should provide is a good night's sleep.
A week after we got back from our cruise, the hotel manager called and emailed us. After some back and forth discussion, he took accountability for the incident and for the lack of customer service. He provided us with a 50% refund. In addition, he stated that he would make a change to empower his Guest Service agents to offer discounts to unsatisfied guests. Although this was as much as he could do, we probably will not stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Twinmommie
Reviewed 7 March 2012

We had a lengthy stay at BW. We were having our house remodeled and needed to move out for two weeks. We originally wanted to stay at the Residence near this BW because the suites are larger but the rates were too high for such a long stay. The BW suites are smallish but very comfortable. We took advantage of the small refrig and microwave though there are a multitude of restaurants nearby. The breakfast was good with hot foods served but it was the same everyday which got old after awhile. Again, not the usual issue for someone staying a shorter time. I liked that there was covered parking available. This was a very good place to stay and would definitely recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family