Staybridge Suites Torrance
Hotels.com
US$110
Orbitz.com
US$97
All reviewsliving roomfull kitchenbeer and winewalk in closetwafflesfree breakfastlong travel daymon wedpool areaoil refineryno elevatorredondo beachsmall apartmentwe stayed in a two bedroomhot tubthe breakfast areaa ground floor room
Reviewed March 22, 2012

we picked this hotel based on reviews BIG MISTAKE! We are PRIORITY CLUB members so we're supposed to get our preferences honored. For instance...upper floor. not only did we get put on a bottom floor they put a family with FOUR SMALL CHILDREN above us and apparently gave them free espressos because for 2 days they ran around constantly despite asking the front desk to do something other than shrugging at me.
ALSO the free beer and wine that is provided in the lobby is not monitored so if you have underage kids BEWARE!
I haven't even mentioned the drunk occupants that came back at 4 a.m. and hurled fbombs and beat on each other's doors to be let in for 45 minutes. That's when I found out the phone in the suite wasn't working to call the front desk...when I told them the next day they were puzzled as to why the security guard didn't hear them...gee, me, too. Did they think we were making that up?

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Lisa H
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Torrance, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2012

Lisa H,

Ben J
IHG Care

Reviewed February 2, 2012

The reality of the situation is that I had to be in Carson, LA for business ad owing to last minute plan changes made a booking for this place. This is not your ideal business hotel, is pretty much in a silent area, where getting taxi takes time and I sought of felt I have taken a bigger place than what I coud have done with. Saying that, the suites ae huge, all amenities tucked in - Microwave, refrigerator, crockery the works. 2 TV sets and a charming family room area. My grudge with the place is that breakfast menu, it did not change a % during all 5 days I was there. I am no sure if that is the trend for such places, but I would say its better to be a bread and breakfast place than serve up a buffet like that everyday. The TV reception was bad throughout with a limited choice of channels. The frontdesk staff were ok. The place is in a place where having your own car is a necessity and for someone travelling from outside the country, not favourable at all. Nothing - eateries or a small to shopping areas is walking distance. Hence prep yourself for that.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TravelPoddar
Reviewed January 8, 2012

The rooms facing the pool are nice and quiet and a short walk to the pool and pleasant sitting area. The breakfast is nice and the pool is nice. The location is handy to get to shopping areas and freeways. The facility is showing its age and is due for an upgrade

Room Tip: Inside rooms, or not facing Prairie
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Vao_Fefe
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The check-in process should have been an indication of things to come, but I waited and had to suffer through the stay. They make you sign a noise wavier, but they odviously don't adhere to the rules since I was kept up half the night listening to the adults and kids in the pool, and after calling the front desk nothing was done to fix the problem. If I am ever FORCED to stay at this property I will request to stay as far away from the pool as possible, or refuse to sign the waiver.

Room Tip: stay as far away from the pool as possible, unless you don'tnt to get any sleep.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Staybridge Suites always has everything you need. This place was just that! Unlike other Staybridges, entrances to your room are outside the hotel. So no need to walk through the halls, you can go straight to your room. The ktichen had everything you needed. The rooms have everything you need, including a large walk-in closet.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple