“Service and Food Were What Weary Souls Needed”
Review of Fanoos Grill

Fanoos Grill
Ranked #95 of 636 Restaurants in Torrance
Cuisines: Persian
Reviewed August 24, 2017

My review is based on one visit, but what a wonderful, soothing visit this was! My mother, brother and I ate here in August because we needed a break from hospital visits and support for my father. Late one weeknight, we decided to eat here and were delighted at the excellent versions of dishes we love: Kashke bademjan was smooth and full of complex flavors of eggplant, onions, and topped with creamy yogurt. The beef koobideh and salmon kabobs were expertly grilled and presented to us and were so very tasty. Our happiness increased further when we tasted the Adas Polo: the rice was perfect: fluffy with easily separating grains, and studded with raisins, lentils dates, and the right amount of saffron. The care and attention we received from the staff that night is just what our weary souls needed: a calm restuarant, with excellent food prepared with great care and attention to the way it looks and tastes. I can't wait to return for another meal! Keep up the good work Fanoos!

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed August 23, 2017 via mobile

The best ever! Dolmas and cherry rice. Chicken and beef with saffron. Yogurt and shallots and the yummiest hummus with jalapeños and warm pita. Can't wait to return.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed February 13, 2017

We finally tried this little place. I had the Ghormeh Sabzi. It was delicious! I normally find tadiq a bit too hard and crunchy for my taste. But, here, it was just crunchy enough and properly seasoned. We will be coming back for more.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed July 17, 2016

Wonderful service and reasonably good food. The Barg was excellent, the koobideh had a little ? lamb smell to it. The Gheymeh was very good. The Ghormeh Sabzi was okay. Overall the owner was extremely nice and we enjoyed our food.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed May 8, 2016

I used to order Lunch to go for our group meals for our employees. People call my work place United Nations.. all walks of life works here, and every one loves their food. We have some one does not eat red meat, we have some one likes salads better, their kabobs are very tasty, rice plates are nice too.
I came to know the owners, very humble and polite people, never have any problem.
Sitting is very small but worth waiting for.

Date of visit: March 2016

Been to Fanoos Grill? Share your experiences!