“Seafood Buffet Gourmet style”
Review of Vegas Buffet

Vegas Buffet
Ranked #46 of 586 Restaurants in Torrance
Reviewed December 3, 2015

This is THE place to go if you love tasty Sushi and seafood!! This is an unusually high end buffet for a really reasonable price. They have 6 kinds of fish eggs (caviar) and a variety of sashimi! You don't see sashimi at a buffet often, they usually pack on the rice to fill you up. Another unusual item is the salad bar, spring mix and fresh veggies with their house dressing is wonderful, they even have a mini brazilian BBQ for the red meat lovers! you can't go wrong here, something for everyone in the family.

Reviewed September 18, 2015

This restaurant bills itself as a seafood buffet that "offers 150 different selections". There is definitely quantity, both in the number of patrons, surprisingly, and the portions of food on their plates. Unfortunately several ingredients to a good meal are missing: like flavor in anything; heat in the hot dishes; cold in the salads and sushi; overall quality in general. I have had few meals that were so bland, yet many of the diners were gleefully stuffing their faces while working their phones or watching their small children make a mess. For $21 for dinner you get previously frozen snow crab that is dry and tasteless, shrimp that are mushy and tasteless, and roast beef that is overdone and tasteless. Why do people eat here? Can't be for the ambiance, especially with the cacophony and customers feeling entitled to cut in front of someone waiting to sample an entree, or for the service since your waiter never refills your water or brings a bill. The place is a zoo. A horrid experience.

2  Thank David G
Reviewed September 15, 2015

We have been there for lunch and liked it. Selection of food is very good, quality also, although could be a bit better. But definitely you will find many things that you will like.

The place itself is also nice.

Service is OK but there were some small things - they didn't understand with a draft beer was, probably because of their English, so they brought me a bottled one, although I asked them twice (I felt they didn't understand) if they had drafts and got positive answers. Also, they brought a small glass for the beer, like one for Whiskey.
And finally they brought me a bill before I asked, which I really hate, although it is pretty much usual in the US. For me, this is a polite version of: OK, it is time for you to leave, we have other guests...

Bottom line - very good for the price!

Reviewed June 4, 2015 via mobile

Had dinner at 19.95 and there was certainly value for money in the buffet. Food variety included teppenyaki (think genghis khan), sushi, sashimi, rolls, seafood like prawns, snow crab legs, baked shell fish, Brazilian meats, Chinese styled food, salads and a whole dessert section.
Exceptional value if you really stock up on fresh oysters and crab legs. Foods were very fresh, replenished frequently and service prompt.

Reviewed April 16, 2015

So maybe it's not exactly like a high end Vegas buffet but it sure beats some of the other Torrance buffets around.

Let me clarify the name of the establishment is VEGAS SEAFOOD BUFFET. (Yes, in all caps so everyone can note the difference, not that I am yelling. Lol)

My spouse and I dine here once in a while for a weekday lunch and let me tell you we are fully satisfied with just the Teppan grilling station at the far right of the restaurant. Whomever they have working there knows he's the star of the 'show'. Patrons stand and watch eagerly as their fresh chopped veggies and marinated meats are cooked to perfection right before their eyes, just like one of those more expensive table cooking establishments... Without paying the extra price and sit next a bunch of strangers at that. Our party of two arrives at opening and usually gets seated at a window booth before we go straight to the Teppan grill. *This is important because the wait gets long quickly!*

I understand the idea is to have many varieties of seafood with the glitz of Vegas. The seafood is represented well in the sushi but they seem to be missing the usual crab legs that other seafood buffets normally stock. Maybe it's because we frequent at lunch and not dinner. BTW, the dinner price is higher, probably because the more expensive offerings come out at night. Given that, I cannot fully say this place is lacking in the seafood department at all hours.

Besides the usual Chinese meat, veggies and glutinous wrapped items which were good, the other worthy station you will want to try is the Brazilian carving station. You will want to sample the bacon wrapped chicken and the sausages. Beef there is usually on the dry side so skip that and go for the chicken! Did I say bacon wrapped?

Salad bar is standard faire and I have enjoyed a Caprese salad on occasion that is not seen often. For those of you who do not know, it is sliced tomato, mozzarella cheese with basil leaves and topped with olive oil, balsamic vinegar and possibly salt and pepper. Try it if you see it. Seaweed salad is also one of my favorites.

I hear their dessert section is pretty darn good but have not tried it myself because of doctor's orders sadly. One day I will try and it will be my entire meal. Ha!

When this place first opened it was such a novelty and too crowded but now that it's here I can really appreciate it without dealing with the crowds. One thing for sure is you will see many Asians here and that's a good sign as far as Torrance buffets are concerned.

Decor is much higher end that the usual South Bay buffet. There are high ceilings, dark wood trim, with iridescent pottery, crystal chandeliers and flat screen TVs in the corners for those who need to keep up with the Dodgers or Lakers.

Del Amo is doing fairly well with their facelift and this is one of it's star places to dine! Give it a try.

Been to Vegas Buffet? Share your experiences!