“Great seafood!”

China Tea House Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #153 of 579 Restaurants in Torrance
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed April 26, 2016

I can't begin to tell you how much I love this restaurant. I been coming here for decades , infact my picture was on the wall long ago. The owners son is a really nice guy and has taken over the restaurant and yet it still remains a great restaurant. Try a different dish because I can't tell which one is the best.

Reviewed January 6, 2016 via mobile

My appetite has been off lately, to the point that eating, let alone, eating a meal is challenging. I haven't had Chinese in awhile so I thought I drop by China Tea House for some take-out last month.

CTH has a new server (that speaks Mandarin & barely understands Cantonese). I had trouble ordering because the one dish I want is difficult to translate in English (& I always order in Cantonese so it's second nature to me)... I saw grandma (owner's mom) & had her place my order: Water Convolvulus Preserved Bean Paste & Sliced Peppers (literal translation) & Chicken Chow Mein Hong Kong Style (meaning the noodles are stir fried until both sides are crunchy).

Water Convolvulus is not a staple dish, but it is a common vegetable for the Chinese (my mom & aunt grows this veggie in their backyard). You may find this vegetable in an Asian market around late summer & fall. I love its crunch & texture, & the jalapeños give it a nice bite. The noodles are fairly common, on occasion, it tends to be a bit saucy/greasy, making the noodles soggy.

When my brother lived with me, this was his go-to place for Chinese take-out; his fav was their Beef Chow Fun. CTH does ok to subside our Chinese food cravings when we can't get to Chinatown or SGV for Chinese food. While this is a Chinese restaurant, the flavors are tame/more "Americanized" to appeal to a broader crowd. That's why I often order a plate or 2 off menu.

Farewell China Tea House... I'll miss grandma.

1  Thank Kimberly L
Reviewed October 21, 2015

This place is unbelievable! Reminds me of China. I don't think you can find many of these choices any where in the US

Reviewed March 17, 2015

My daughter was looking for a really good Chinese restaurant in the Los Angeles area and we found this one in Torrance. The restaurant was very clean, tables arranged very nicely and we were seated immediately. The service was excellent, our order taken right away and served within a few minutes. Best of all it was as we ordered and nice and hot. Lunch prices begin at $6.95 and you have a long list to choose from, not just a few. We liked this so much she is going back with a friend today.

1  Thank Mona G
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This restaurant is family run and one is always made to feel welcome. I have been there for lunch a number of times while visiting the area on business. Their lunch plate menu is awesome and their servings are substantial. I've never been there when I haven't had enough to take home for a second meal. The food is reasonably priced and everything that I've had has tasted great and cooked to order. I highly recommend this spot for lunch and imagine that their dinners are as good.

Been to China Tea House Chinese Restaurant? Share your experiences!