“Perfect snack at the shack”

The Snack Shack At Dungeness Fish Hut
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Dungeness
Cuisines: Seafood, Street Food
Reviewed April 4, 2018

In the area for Easter I visited Dungeness for the first time - driving up to the old lighthouse I noticed the Snack Shack was thronging - strange when there were not many people around- so I thought I would stop by on the way back. The shack is small, set on the beach with a variety of tables outside- and a thoughtful basket of blankets for when, like the day I visited, it is a little chilly. I ordered the fish finger roll- everything is cooked fresh so it takes a little time but is worth the wait - fabulous fresh fish - worth a detour to visit and quite a contrast to the stark surroundings

1  Thank rayna O

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Passed the Snack Shack this weekend - chose the fish finger sandwich, and the fish + fried potatoes + salad. DELICIOUS!! Super fresh + colourful.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

This cafe is constructed from a converted shipping container and the benches are rustic wooden ones as found in pub gardens everywhere. The fayre is whatever has been caught. I chose fried fish and fried new potatoes with salad and tartare sauce. My partner enjoyed potatoes with avtomato and chorizo sauce and we both enjoyed what we ordered. The food is fresh, rustic, filling and served on disposable plates and plastic forks.

Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

First weekend this year the snack shack has opened & I think they were overwhelmed with the amount of customers. Same as always beautiful fresh fish flat bread with Mexican slaw chilli sauce and soured cream delicious. You should check out the home made fish finger roll its enormous. We had the fried potatoes with chorizo between us which was enough very nice with salsa on top. Great weather great location great place. I love it here!

1  Thank Matthew R
Reviewed February 2, 2018

They cook in a mobile and you eat outside on benches. But you'll enjoy! Their food is really quite excellent. Make a detour if you need to - it's worth the trip. But don't go when it's raining!