“BBQ with love from the family”

Shorter's Rib Pit & Catering
Ranked #33 of 220 Restaurants in Tracy
Reviewed October 29, 2016

Five stars for food that tastes like it came from dad's backyard smoker, mom's fridge, and grandma's oven. I picked up take-out on a Friday night -- my first time at Shorter's since their move to East Street. I recently moved a few blocks away from their new location and kept smelling the smoker as I drove by. Drool. The scent from the smoker reminds me of our family dinners cooked over a wood fire pit every summer in the Nor Cal redwoods. I ordered the rib dinner with coleslaw and fries. Loved the coleslaw . . . tasted so fresh and homemade . . . plenty of crunch. The fries suffered a bit in regard to the crisp factor in the delay driving home but were still very good . . . tasted as though fried in fresh oil (which is harder to find than one might think). The ribs were very unlike the chain restaurants nearby. I could taste the love that went into the smoking and saucing. And fall-off-the-bone tender! But wait, there's more . . . I had the foresight to order a slice of sweet potato pie for later that night. Well, I dove right in after dinner and the pie was a dense full-potato pie (not puffed up with eggs) and the crust was just the perfect thickness and sweetness so as not to steal the show from the mouth-watering filling. Sure wish I had ordered two slices :-) I'll be back!

Reviewed August 23, 2016

Best BBQ in town! Dave's BBQ sauce is yummy! Great service and very family oriented. Love the coleslaw and don't go without trying Mama Shorter's Peach Cobbler!

Reviewed April 27, 2016

We used to go to Shorter's when they were downtown. When we saw they were going to open at the bowling alley we were very excited. After their 'soft opening' at the bowling alley I went and ordered 3 dinners to go. I had to wait an hour for our food. This past Friday my husband wanted to try it again as several months had passed and he figured they would have worked out the bugs. I call in our order of 3 dinners to go. The lady who took our order said it would be ready in 20 minutes. My husband went to pick up the food and when he got home, all he said was "don't say a word". It took an hour on top of the original 20 minutes for the order to be ready. We will not be coming back which makes me sad as the food is very good, but the service is such a MAJOR FAIL.

Reviewed April 16, 2015

There are plenty of good, though average, barbeque places. We're from TN, so we know. Shorter's Barbeque and Catering in Tracy, CA, is OUTSTANDING! Just got back from lunch there (my second time there). I had the tri-tip sandwich, and my wife and son had the pulled pork and ribs. Our meat was deliciously smoked, so tender and juicy. The Shorter's sauce was excellent--just the right amount of kick. Though not a

3  Thank larrrock
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Great small family BBQ place. Love the whope family. Love the dinner dances when they have them! They have a killer spicy spaghetti. Love the cobbler they make. They have a great lunch meun as well as dinner. Im personally not a fan of chicken but thiers always wants me to change my mind.

1  Thank Ashley W