We spent a week here over Christmas break and had a great time. With the location so close to Sugar Bowl and Boreal we couldn't say no. Town is only a few miles down the road which provided us with the serenity we needed. My husband and I decided to get one of their deluxe/remodeled rooms, and was pleasantly surprised with the granite counter tops and SS appliances in kitchen. Liz at the front desk was very helpful with suggestions on where to eat and what to do around town. We did not splurge for a lake view room but next time we will. They have a common area fireplace that has beautiful views of the lake which was so nice to sit by and read my book. Overall we had a great stay and will be back soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Donner Lake Village is a year-round condominium resort nestled in the pines on the west shore of Donner Lake, one of the Sierra Nevada's most charming and beautiful alpine lakes. Our friendly staff can help you plan your visit, too. Encounter serenity in a one or two-bedroom suite, studio or spacious room complete with microwaves, refrigerators and FREE high speed wireless internet. Easy access to year round activities. In summer enjoy our private beach and marina with boat rentals. In winter hit the slopes at eight nearby world class ski resorts. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Donner Lake Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Donner Lake Village Hotel Truckee
- Donner Lake Hotel
- Donner Lake Resort
- Donner Lake Village Resort