This hotel was basically OK and for $74 on Priceline, we probably got our money's worth. The room was spacious, nicely decorated, and very clean. The free WiFi was fast and reliable and no password was needed to access it. The bathroom was quite large and everything worked perfectly. The hot and cold included breakfast was in a very nice area at the back of the large lobby.
However, a lot of little problems spoiled our visit:
1) The bottom sheet on the bed had a hole in it and had lost its elasticity. It bunched up as soon as we got in.
2) The bathroom door hinges closed with a loud squawk. We contacted the front desk and the clerk brought up an oil can which solved the problem in 3 seconds.
3) The TV was set for analog (ie. poor quality reception) programming. There were no instructions on how to change it to HD programming.
4) Our room key cards did not open the door. We had to go back to the front desk to get new ones.
5) We asked for a quiet room but were given #200 which is at the front of the hotel. The street noise kept us awake for 3 hours.
6) The light bulb in the ceiling fixture was burned out.
It seems that the hotel's room cleaners have not been trained to identify problems and report them to the maintenance department. Guests should not have to do that.
We might give this hotel another try in the future but could probably find another one that was more particular about getting the little things right.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com and Priceline so you can book your Charter Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charter Hotel Tulare