“Motel 6 (-3)”
Review of Motel 6 Turlock

Motel 6 Turlock
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Turlock
Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed here on a Sunday evening during a business trip to the area on Monday and was disappointed in yet another California hotel chain. The staff was pleasant on the phone when we called but extremely difficult to communicate with due to a language barrier of some type, arrived at the hotel and communicated to the check-in staff we wanted a room in the rear of the hotel where we could park a pickup and trailer if they could accommodate that, they were very accommodating but we were informed that housekeeping was not around to those rear rooms yet due to the previous nights full hotel status and it would be about 1 1/2 hrs before they were cleaned, frustrating but understood it was our request so we waited. Upon completion of the room cleaning the housekeeping let us know that regretfully there were quite a few flys in the room but could bring us back a fly swatter if needed, wow was one needed was an understatement but we persevered. The room cleaning itself was dismal and the cleanliness or lack there of appeared to us to be a long-term issue, the floor was fake laminate wood (filthy) the room window (filthy, smeared) the headboards & counter tops (filthy, yellow smoke film when "lysol wipe" wiped down (non-smoking room designated) as the grates for the a/c air return and vent was filthy by appearance alone (didn't dare investigate further) the tv remote was very difficult to operate believe it was just flat worn out. No amenities in room (ie; microwave, microfridge, coffee maker...) No soap or shampoo was available in the bathroom, the shower was one of those little stand only half showers with a wrap around curtain, though water pressure and hot water was plentiful.
This was a "economical motel to say the least.
Would seek other accommodations in area if we found ourselves in Turlock again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Turlock, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2017

Paul, Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you experienced. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in following through on that commitment during your recent stay. We would like to make sure you spoke with our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to have a record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

It's typical motel 6. Room was non-smoking but I was able to smell that someone was smoking there. There were some guys hanging around the motel who looked dangerous for me. Some of them were obviously on drugs. I rather stayed in the room for the night. You have to pay $3 for slow wifi. Wouldn't it be better to pay $3 more for room and have wifi for "free"? This seems to be ridiculous for me.

Stayed: September 2017
Reviewed 24 May 2017

I managed to book the room for less than $40.00, well $44.00 with the tax. When I checked in the young man was very nice. I hadn't specified a first floor room so he found one for me that had two beds instead of one at no charge and apologized that it was on the freeway side. There ends the good part of my review. The room was freezing cold, and I do appreciate that they had the air conditioning on since it was 100 degree's outside. But it was 60 degree's in the room. When I turned off the Air Conditioning it didn't warm up. So I tried the heat - which didn't work. So I tried to open a window - no luck. So I put on my jacket and figured I'd survive. I went to sit down on the bed and realized that I had company. A fairly large spider was sitting on the pillow. I killed it and when I sat down almost fell into the middle of the bed as the mattress may have been older than I am - and I'm no spring chicken! At each turn I kept telling myself you get what you pay for and it was my own fault. So I tried to call my friend to tell her I'd arrived safely only to discover that there was no service for my phone. I called the front desk and the very nice man told me that they are in a dead spot - the whole hotel. By then I was shivering. I ended up going out to my car (leaving the motel room door open to let in some warm air), sitting in it, where I did get a weak signal, and calling to let my girlfriend know I was there. So with great sarcasm I tell you I almost got what I paid for!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 March 2017

This is a low cost basic hotel you want for when you are moving and not spending much time at. Nice pool, freeway is elevated and loud all night. Staff friendly but took a photo copy of every persons Drivers License. Whats up with that! Had a security officer in lot all night. OK I like it but sends me a message my motorcycle may not be in the lot the next morning. Room was clean and basic. Lots of electrical plugs and good counter space. Bed was OK.

Room Tip: They had WiFi, I did not use it. Don't know if they charge. I was on non-freeway side and it was...
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 November 2016

Motel is clean and well,kept on the outside, lawn areas mowed and neat. Reception, efficient and cheerful. I asked for a room on the ground floor close tomwpet walking area....excellent room! Room modern, bed decent...firm. Huge bathroom, lots of hot water and good shower pressure. Flat screen tv with good cable. Wifi free with AARP discount. Housekeeping checked the room every day (stayed 5 days), if I was in it they brought fresh towels and emptied trash, if I was gone they made the bed, fresh towels and trash emptied. I used the guests laundry...reasonable price and Laundry done nicely.
Room was as quiet as could be expected...right next to the freeway (CA99) so there was some noise from that--but not bad. Very pet friendly, with a LOT of grassy area to walk pets. PLEASE PICK UP AFTER YOUR PET--seems people staying here have kept picked up after their pets YAY.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 December 2015

I recently attempted to book a room for a friend who was done on her luck. She was locked in a marital dispute, her identification had been stolen and she was forced to sleep in her car with winter approaching. I arranged for a room at Motel 6, and provided payment information. When she tried to check in, due to her "current" ID having been stolen, they refused her the room because the only ID she had was expired. She was sent on her way, but they did not have one bit of trouble charging me for the room.
When I spoke to the manager he said he would arrange to refund my money, but to this day Motel 6 he kept the money.
They may "leave the light on for you," but you can only look at it from the outside. But they will keep the money to help pay for the light so you can keep watching it.
An honorable motive was met with a greedy corporate rip off. I hope the enjoy the holiday party on my dime.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Turlock, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2015

Dear RShanlin,
Thank you for sharing your concerns. Please know the service issues you describe are an exception to our guest commitment and as such, we apologize. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you describe. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 27 November 2015

We stayed in Turlock while traveling. We thought the hotel looked good and were tired so we stayed there. We are both disabled and asked for a non smoking room downstairs. We were told no rooms available except upstairs. We took it and once in the room, there were lots of flies, even dead ones ( one was squished on the shower panel. The shower stall was dirty. The toilet did not have the sanitary piece on it showing you that it was recently cleaned. There was some unknown stuff crusted around the vent area above the bathroom door and the heater register was full of dust and grime. The wall next to the bed looked like someone had spit on it and it was not wiped down and the worst part was that there was long dark hair on the sheets, pillowcases, side of the pillow and when we stripped the bed the hair was on the mattress pad and mattress. I called the office and was told that against policy for an employee to come upstairs and look at so we had to walk back down stairs and get clean sheets. We were never offered clean covers only sheets and pillowcases. I made the bed up and the next morning very early we left. I wrote a complaint and sent pictures to corporate office asking for our money back but never got a response. I guess they dont care how filthy a place is as long as they get their money. We would never stay there again and would not recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Dionne S
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Turlock, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2015

Dear Dionne,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are glad to be able to provide Wi-Fi to our guests and apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with our policy and the connection to the network. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the bed comfort issues and cleaning concerns you describe. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Please accept our apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. We encourage you to contact Guest Services at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.