“Meh”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

We got here about 4:30. It wasn't very busy yet. Maybe 4 or 5 tables full, and 2 people at the bar. We walked in, and about 5 minutes later, a host showed up to seat us.

We ordered drinks. A blackberry tea and a peach tea. They came out right away. The peach was really good. The blackberry was bland.

We ordered and appetizer, and our food. It took 23 minutes for our appitizer to come out. While we were eating it, 2 minutes in, our food came out. Poor timing. We had to ask for napkins and silverware.

We got the chicken wonton tacos as an appetizer. It comes with 4. They are super delicious! I loved them. Great flavor.

I got the grilled chicken breast. It was pretty good. Moist and juicy. Kind of like a herb flavor. It came with 2 sides. I got the garlicky green beans. The garlic was a huge miss. Just tasted like green beans with butter. I also gotthe 4 cheese mac and cheese with bacon. Also a huge miss. Very dry. I am pretty sure it had been sitting awhile. It looked and tasted so. Not a great flavor.

Hubby got the riblets. They were pretty good. He added grilled shrimp. He liked those a lot. He got garlic fries, which were pretty good. A little soggy, but good. And coleslaw. They put cilantro in it, which is odd.

Wasn't a great meal. Wasn't awful. Not sure we would come back to this particular location.

1  Thank healonwifey

Reviewed May 20, 2018

I have been on holiday from Australia in the last 10 days and we (my daughter and I ) have eaten out every evening. I ordered an 8 oz steak ..medium ... and was presented with a dry looking steak after a long wait. When I cut into it, it was cooked through. I immediately asked a passing waitress and she offered to replace the steak. I waited 5 or 6 minutes and then "the manager" came to my table and said he couldn't see anything wrong with the steak! I told him I had asked for medium and he said he would replace it. After another 10 minutes (my daughter had by then eaten her meal (the baked potato was hard actually so she left most) the waiter returned with my second steak on a small plate without my sides! I was told that the chef had sent it so it didn't get overcooked while they waited for the sides!!! I asked if I was supposed to eat the steak alone and then eat the sides later. he said "yes"!!! I refused to do that so he took the steak away to plate it with my sides. After another 5 minutes, the steak and sides arrived. This time the steak was even more cooked than before ..well done if not more. I asked for the manager. he returned and agreed that the steak was even more cooked than the first one, and would I like to wait for a third! I then asked if I could speak to the person in charge. He went away and returned to say she was busy! When she came (about 5 minutes later) she was very apologetic. But there was nothing that could be done. my daughter had finished her meal some time ago and all I wanted to do was leave the restaurant. She was concerned I was going to leave hungry but all she offered was a salad or a quick starter to take with me. At least she said I should pay nothing (the previous "manager" had just removed my meal and drink from the bill). I left at close to 9 pm feeling most upset and incredulous at my treatment.

Reviewed April 30, 2018

Not my favorite - hard to find something not fried. Currently, with construction on the Costco, getting there is a challenge.

Reviewed March 31, 2018

Checked into Hotel after long day on the road and drove over to Applebee's only to find front doors LOCKED at 8:48pm on a Tuesday evening. Kinda waited & tried several times in case locked doors were an accident but absolutely no response from inside. So we went across the street and had an excellent, quiet dinner with superb service. Checked website later and it said open 'til 11pm.

Reviewed August 27, 2017 via mobile

Good food, nice service ,price good for what you get. Close to hotel. You an walk it. Like all Applebee's a little loud. I do wish they would have a section for families away from the bar and television