“We enjoyed our stay, thank you.”

Discovery Inn Ukiah, CA
Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“We enjoyed our stay, thank you.”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

We don't stay at hotels often, but are in the process of moving, and have had to for a week. Only staying for one night, and overall I was impressed..Maria, _the front desk clerk, the condition of the room was decent and smelled fresh. The continental b-fast was great, fresh fruit, waffles, o.j. coffee ect. We didn.t get the chance to use the hot room, but have before..This is a beautiful property, and i recommend staying here.

Room Tip: upper floor rooms over looking the pool...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Oceanside, California
Reviewed 12 September 2011

stopped off a couple of places during road trip, decided we liked the friendlyness & clean surroundings of the property. Room not fancy, but clean and neat, cold fridge & micro wave and great tv channels, nice pool area & hot tubs.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Ventura, California
Reviewed 18 August 2011

The Hotel itself is older and fine for overnight. Nothing special, no soaps or lotions or fancy frills at all, which is just fine. We went to bed and got up a little later than usual in the morning, but in enough time to go down for hot breakfast....or so we thought. It was 9:15 when we got to the breakfast room. My hunnie wanted a waffle, but literally got pushed (hands on and slapping at him) away from the waffle machine by this crazy maid lady. When I tried to sit at a table with my coffee, she literally told me I had to sit outside and took a cleaner filled rag and started wiping right in front of where I was sitting. I by this time tired of fighting to get through to breakfast just left....but kudos to the older couple (who were not eating either), who refused to budge away from where they were sitting, until EXACTLY 9:30 when breakfast was over.... I just left...without eating......by this time my annoyance level was over the top, so I went to the "gym"....not one piece of equipment other than the t.v. worked. So if you want to sleep and not anything else...good place...if you want Breakfast, good luck fighting the Breakfast Nazi....no waffles for you....one year1

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tGypsyMomma

Travellers are raving about these Ukiah hotels

Asotin, WA
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I am sitting at the Discovery Inn as I write this. The first non smoking room was refused as it was full of cigarette smoke. The second room was fairly good, scratched up furniture and an older bed with stains on the box springs, the desk clerk had told me they had replaced the carpet just last month but I've never seen new carpeting with thread bare spots. The biggest problem was that after three hours I still couldn't hook into the internet to type reports.

I finally go to the desk and tell them move me close to the office so I can hook into the internet there. The put me in a second floor room, the common interior hallway carpet is covered with debris and ugly mystery stains, I get into the room which is a "suite".. I'm sorry but just because you get a smaller room with a full size sofa stuffed into it that does not denote a suite. Besides the carpet had ugly mystery stains on it and the box springs look like they have huge urine stains all over it. The place has fairly good curb appeal, the pool appears nice and the parking lot is well lit and clean but they really need to focus on room cleanliness. Would I voluntarily stay here? NO, the company booked the room for me and honestly if I could afford it I'd move down the street.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank TwistedToyLady
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I stayed here with my daughters and paid for two rooms. Weve been coming here for years but NO more. Charged my card FOUR times, have had to call 5 times and still not fixed. The rooms Are disgusting and stinky. Humid and moldy bathroom, sticky bedspread- eeewww. Dont know when it went downhill but cant get much lower. Incompetant staff and nonexistent manager. Please bulldoze those place!

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank kittymittens7
Eureka, California
Reviewed 3 August 2011

10 years ago we stayed here on the way down south for an extended vacation. I was happy with the pool and the indoor "spas". OMG! We just stayed there and it was just terrible. The carpets were filthy, the grounds, fountains, and even the front desk area were so run down. The young man at the front desk was chatting with a couple of guys that were hanging around and neglecting the customers.Our door had to be checked every time we left as it had been "kicked" in. That left a gap in the lock and could easily been pushed in. After seeing the people milling around I assumed that there were a lot of people living here. And not the kind of people I would feel safe around. Very scary surroundings. And I have 2 "buff" young men as sons. Would never stay here again. And, reading the other reviews, yes! We had the same thing with check-out time. My son opened the door to take the bags out to the car at 10 so we could hit the road. Just as he was opening the door a maid was getting ready to swipe her card and come in. Not even knocking!
NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Coll5656
N. California
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Our room was large,clean with all standard level quality of refrigerator, micro-wave, coffee maker. Shower was clean with good hot water and shower head. Wi-fi was included. Didn't use, but pool was large and clean. Spa room with 4? jacuzzi units that were not very clean. Hot breakfast included waffles, sausage,biscuits and gravy as well as all the standard motel breakfast items. we were concerned as we read reports after booking. Some mentioned loud trucks running all night. I awoke about 4:30 am and heard truck like noise, but it turned out to be room air conditioners turning on and off.

Room Tip: we were in 139
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple