“Ok place to stay if you don't mind the smell of cigarette smoke.”
Review of Super 8 Ukiah

Super 8 Ukiah
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Ukiah
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Ok place to stay if you don't mind the smell of cigarette smoke.”
Reviewed 16 May 2012 via mobile

Rooms are clean, service is good, price is excellent, I appreciate the "greening" up they have to offer and they are very conviently located near the Ukiah Co-op. My only complaint is that since smoking is allowed in some rooms and places here, even though I was in a smoke-free room the smell of cigarettes kept drifting in from somewhere, through the air conditioner vents/under doors/through walls? Not sure how, but I got ongoing whiffs of cigarettes all night. Off-set the "green-ness" of the place.

• Stayed May 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 5 May 2012

My boyfriend and I decided to stay at the Super 8 because I worked at another Super 8 in Sacramento. It was arounf 3 AM when we checked in. When talking to the night clerk he seemed to be half asleep. We asked for a non-smoking room, but when we walked in it REEKED of smoked. I felt like I was sleeping in an ash tray. Upon further inspection the towels had holes in it, there was hair in the bathtub, and the tv channels are not at all what they were marked on the tv guide they had given. We were too exhausted from driving and whatnot that we decided not to switch rooms. When we talked the the front desk clerk in the morning we were brushed off as if our concerns were nothing. The only thing that I have good to say about this place is the bed is comfortable (or maybe it was because I was about ready to pass out). I will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Eureka, California
Reviewed 2 May 2012

what a bargain for the price!!!! clean room, comfortable beds, very fluffy & large towels, fresh breakfast (other motel had served same cereal for days it appeared, etc) friendly owner....
he really is in business of hospitality!!! outside grounds are very nice....lots of pride of ownership!!!
we will stay again & again....
wish i had an electric car!!! they provide an outlet for same!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Rancho Cordova, California
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The room was very clean and had a couch (hide-a-bed) and king size bed. Noise was not a problem even though it is very close to Hwy 101. They offer standard continental breakfast in a small area of the lobby.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Lancaster, CA
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My son and I just stayed at this motel for 1 night as we were travelling to Northern California. Our stop was just on the "Off chance" as we saw the motel from the 101 freeway.

What a great find! You'll see from the pictures I took the motel owner's pride of ownership is shinning through and the guests are the winners! The owner is very friendly and more than helpful.

The room was clean, fresh and we slept soundly with comfortable beds and zero street noise. In the morning, the continental breakfast was far above anything normally served - it included make-your-own waffles that kept us going well until mid-afternoon. The coffee was awesome (if you are a coffee addict like me!)

This motel has own many awards for also being among the first and leading the way in many "green" initiatives, there is even an electric vehicle charging parking spot out front.

All in all, should I even be passing through this way again, this is certainly the place I'll be staying.

It's been said many times "A picture is worth a thousand words" so please judge for yourselves...I wish I had thought to take a picture of the flat screen TV & nice built-in cabinetry that hid the fridge (sorry it was late when we checked in and we'd been on the road all day...).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I frequently travel Highway 101 through Northern California and have now stayed at the Super 8 Ukiah 11 out of 12 times in the past 12 months. Of the hotels in Ukiah, I would have to say the best hotel, by far, is the Super 8. The hotel is consistently clean, the rooms are well-maintained, the high-speed Internet access is, in fact, high-speed, the continental breakfast is filling with organic coffee. The General Manager and the staff are in tune with guest needs. The property is family-oriented with a well-lit, clean pool and 4 family restaurants within a 1/2 mile, of which most give a discount when you show your room key. While it is situated right off the Gobbi exit from the freeway, the sounds from the road do not invade the rooms.
Each room I have stayed in has a comfortable desk and chair, a couch big enough for 3 adults to sit comfortably and the usual line-up of local, cable and premium television content, including HBO.
The cost of the room night is comparable to other area hotels, but when I have stayed at the other national-brand hotel in the area, I was unimpressed. Super 8 provides a consistent, quiet place to sleep with local entertainment and meal options for the solo traveler or the family on the road.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 5 March 2012

While touring northern California, I came across an amazing value. The room was modern and well kept. King bed, couch, coffee table, fridge, microwave, desk, excellent high speed internet, pool area. The only small drawback was a tube TV, but I don't watch tv, so I didn't care. Free electricity for your electric car! Super nice owners. Right off freeway, but I didn't notice any noise at night, so it's handy and quiet.

Nice town, close to everything. 45 minutes to ocean fun. 2 hours to San Francisco. Redwoods everywhere. Friendly locals.

I've stayed in 140 hotels this year, and this was the best value, by far. I usually pay almost double for what they provide.

Room Tip: Main building is probably quieter because it's further away from freeway.