“Great prices & portions”
Review of Club Calpella

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Club Calpella
Ranked #22 of 102 Restaurants in Ukiah
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed January 20, 2017

I love Club Calpella, but it has an odd entrance on the side of the bar. Food reliable, large menue, very popular with dated ambiance.

Date of visit: October 2016

Reviewed January 16, 2017 via mobile

To start, i have to say there was a party of over 50 in the back, so some issues are forgiveable. Some are not!

It was my niece's 11th birthday and it was also Grandpa's belated birthday celebration. We were a party of 9. When I told a server about the birthdays, the response was, "oh" for my niece and there was no response at all about grandpa. They brought 2 of our party breakfast menus.

We had to order wine 3 separate times. No worries, they ran out of our first 2 selections because of the big party. But, I had to ask for our wine 4 different times. They kept saying they were going to go get it, but they repeatedly came back without it. One time, a young gal showed us the only remaining glasses they had since they were out of wine glasses. I said "fine, just make sure you bring us the wine before it gets served to the big party!" She disappeared and didn't come back. It finally came after our meals were served, which was around an hour+ after we ordered it. It was horrible! A $5 bottle they charged $24, but it's a business, I get it. I didn't mind not drinking it. Thing is, this is wine country. If you're going to charge $20+ for many menu items, have decent wine to pair.

We were supposed to have salads from the salad bar, but the bowl of greens sat empty for 10-15 minutes. Two of us were supposed to get soup that never came. My wife's petite filet, which was supposed to be medium well, was burned. My prime rib was supposed to be medium but it was very rare. It was also unevenly cut, so it looked like wedge and was assuredly undersized. Two of our boys shared a meal, but they didn't bring a 2nd plate. With 4 kids in our group, I was upset that the included ice cream never came. But we didn't ask for them to replace the meals or wait for the soup and ice cream...it would've been just another wait for a disappointment.

And here's the icing. Our server was aware of the wine debacle, no soup, no ice cream, the prime rib being undercooked, and the filet being burned. He said he'd adjust our bill. He comped us my niece's $9.00 grilled cheese sandwich! Our bill came to just under $200!

I will never go back. For several family members, the convenience will be a draw. If I'm in town I'll sure we go elsewhere. Like I mentioned, the slow service was understandable, but some of these issues are unforgiveable for a dining experience.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed December 26, 2016

From the outside, this place might look like somewhat of a dive. However, when you walk through the bar into the back, there is a festive diner that was more than accommodating to us busy road-trippers. We needed a fast hearty meal, before hitting the road to San Fran. And well, not only did they have a great salad bar for cheap cheap cheap!!, but the food came out fast in large portions & was very tasty! The staff (especially our waitress, Denise) was very nice & told us all the cool places to check out in San Fran when we would arrive. The place wasn't over-crowded, and it was a comfy place to stop for a fast meal! Highly recommend this to anyone road-tripping!

p.s. We also stopped here on our way back from San Fran for their breakfast deal. 3 items + morning coffee/tea for only $7.75. Large portions too! Great deal! Please check out this place! ;)

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed November 14, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I were in Ukiah for the weekend and we're looking for a spot for breakfast and came across Club Calpella! It was delicious and everything I hoped it would be!! The french toast, eggs and bacon were on point. Super friendly waitress! Not crowded at all, and food was out to us pretty quickly. Definitely recommend this spot if you're looking for a traditional breakfast.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed August 12, 2015

Have been here several times, different meals. The food is just average. We had reservations for 20 people this time and when we got there they had no idea we where coming. Menu is not too creative. Would have had a better meal at Denny's. Felt the food was overpriced for what was served. We travel a lot and this was such a disappointment.

Date of visit: August 2015