“Wonderful/Delicious/ great music”

Blue Wing Saloon & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Upper Lake
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Blue Wing was opened in 2005 on the site of a well known local saloon of that name that operated from the 1880s until the 1920s. It is separated by a relaxing garden from the fully restored Tallman Hotel. A full bar and seating inside is complimented by seating in the garden and on a heated veranda. Quality food and drink is served in a relaxing atmosphere at lunch and dinner seven days a week. Live music is performed at Sunday Brunch, Sunday Supper, Monday Night Blues and for the special $20 Tuesdays.
Reviewed 30 July 2017

this is an oasis of excellent amenities. Servers friendly, recommending speciality dishes, seating inside or outside in garden setting. Very relaxing and enjoyable. We highly recommend having a nice dinner here.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I had a nice meal here on the patio. Varied menu - lots of options. Good food. I think my expectations were a bit high because I'd heard that a famous chef had started this place. I have nothing to *complain* about -- but there was no "wow" for me. Having said that, however, I would totally go back again and recommend it to others. It was a very nice atmosphere on the patio, despite the heat (trees provide good shade).

blbLakeCounty_CA, Owner at Blue Wing Saloon & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Our chef HOPES to be famous some day, but we've never advertised ourselves as "fine dining" or having a famous chef. We do occasionally host "Guest Chef" dinners in the Hotel dining room. Anyway I'm very glad that you enjoyed your stopover at the Blue Wing. Bernie Butcher

Reviewed 7 July 2017

I have eaten here many times. Also the Blue Wing offers Sunday Brunch and special musical features at various times.

Reviewed 5 July 2017

We went for dinner on the Fourth of July, and were very happy to find a restaurant open. I had the $20 Tuesday meal which varies weekly. It was barbecued chicken, asparagus, watermelon salad and tasted delicious! The waitress was very pleasant and accommodating. After dinner we went outside to hear a local celtic/bluegrass band play. We sat in the Adirondack chairs near the large fountain under the sycamore trees, and it was a very pleasant evening.

blbLakeCounty_CA, Owner at Blue Wing Saloon & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2017

Thanks for the kind comment. We're open every day except Christmas so please come back soon.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Very interesting menu. It was hard to choose. We had a stuffed chicken breast. It was amazing. It was stuffed with cheese, prosciutto, and I think artichoke hearts and grilled. Nummy nummy. The artisan bread was made there as is most of the items. They grow some of their own veggies and get the rest at farmers market. VERY reasonable. Wonderful service and we ate outside under the shade trees. They smoke their own cheddar and hand make ice cream.

blbLakeCounty_CA, Owner at Blue Wing Saloon & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Thanks for the kind review. Please stop in again when in the area.