“A gem on your way to or from the California coast!”

Blue Wing Saloon & Cafe
Ranked #1 of 9 Restaurants in Upper Lake
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Blue Wing was opened in 2005 on the site of a well known local saloon of that name that operated from the 1880s until the 1920s. It is separated by a relaxing garden from the fully restored Tallman Hotel. A full bar and seating inside is complimented by seating in the garden and on a heated veranda. Quality food and drink is served in a relaxing atmosphere at lunch and dinner seven days a week. Live music is performed at Sunday Brunch, Sunday Supper, Monday Night Blues and for the special $20 Tuesdays.
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Next time you are traveling on CA 20 through Upper Lake CA 95485 & you are looking for a great lunch or dinner, visit the Blue Wing Saloon & Cafe. We did last Monday, and it will now be a "must stop" when we head to the California coast. I had the fish & chips, and my wife had the burger. Delicious! Head & shoulders above most "road food" that you find at fast food joints these days. They have music in the courtyard and a nice looking hotel next door that we did not stay in, since we live 2 hours away.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

Stopped for lunch with my son. I had the salmon sandwich and it was delicious. We ate outside and it was beautiful. I will be back again.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

My wife has specific dietary requirements (avoiding gluten, meat and diary) which can be a challenge at restaurants, but we found something tasty for her here. I also enjoyed the bison burgers - and the drinks selection was also wide and interesting.

On the night we visited they had live music that played rock classics late into the night, which for the grey-haired clientele, was about 9pm.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

this is an oasis of excellent amenities. Servers friendly, recommending speciality dishes, seating inside or outside in garden setting. Very relaxing and enjoyable. We highly recommend having a nice dinner here.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I had a nice meal here on the patio. Varied menu - lots of options. Good food. I think my expectations were a bit high because I'd heard that a famous chef had started this place. I have nothing to *complain* about -- but there was no "wow" for me. Having said that, however, I would totally go back again and recommend it to others. It was a very nice atmosphere on the patio, despite the heat (trees provide good shade).

blbLakeCounty_CA, Owner at Blue Wing Saloon & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Our chef HOPES to be famous some day, but we've never advertised ourselves as "fine dining" or having a famous chef. We do occasionally host "Guest Chef" dinners in the Hotel dining room. Anyway I'm very glad that you enjoyed your stopover at the Blue Wing. Bernie Butcher