New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Fairfield Inn Visalia Sequoia

Fairfield Inn Visalia Sequoia
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Visalia
Los Angeles, California
“Good place to crash when in the area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2011

Crashed here late at night on our way to the Sequoias. Decent place, clean, friendly staff, decent breakfast.

Standard Fairfield Inn. Worked well.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Hebrew first
Bend, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2011

Stayed here for two nights in connection with a trip to Sequoia - Kings Canyon National Parks. Front desk staff was cordial, facility was very well maintained and sparkling clean throughout, room decor of the standard Fairfield motif and beds and pillows were comfy. Quiet at night. Also, this was in a good location for convenience to the Park entrance that is near Three Rivers (a beautiful roughly 40 minute drive) as well as to dining options in both Visalia and Exeter.

Our King room seemed a tad small, but we didn't spend much time in it so worked for us. Room included coffee maker, small fridge and microwave. Desk space in room for laptop use and free wifi included. Speed wasn't lightening fast, but not a problem for us as we didn't need to use it much. TV is mid sized old tube technology.

I appreciate that the Fairfield bathroom was spacious with a good amount of counter space. Also has a grab bar in their shower. Good safety feature for everyone but particularly important for me as I have MS and balance is an issue.

Indoor pool seemed of larger size than most we’ve seen at other Fairfield’s.

Free breakfast is part of the Fairfield brand's routine and the breakfast here is as standard. We're not inclined to eat hotel breakfasts and would much rather they lower rates and leave the breakfast out or offer it for a nominal fee to those who want to eat it (as in the Hilton Garden Inn model), but we appreciate that part of the Fairfield offerings are fresh fruit, English muffins and decent coffee, all of which work for us.

A nice touch was that in addition to the standard USA today free papers in the lobby was also the Wall Street Journal and the local paper was available for purchase just outside the lobby.

Looked to us like the Sequoia Park shuttle picked up in the parking lot in the a.m., so if you wanted to take the Shuttle and not drive into the park that is something worth asking the desk staff about if you make direct reservations.

Overall, we'd stay here again if we were in the area and recommend it to others as an option.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from gas station / store at side
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Fullerton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2011

After driving all night long from the OC area, Visalia was our halfway point and we had to stop and rest. Booked a room online and I can tell you, the pictures online do not do this place justice. I highly enjoyed myself. The beds were the best part! I did not want to get up out of bed for anything. Sadly we had to head back on the road so we couldn't lounge aorund too much... I was about to steal a pillow from the bed I loved it so much, but I didn't. ;) Thank you to the Night Auditor on Sunday night, sorry we did not catch your name but you were extremely sweet and quick on getting us checked in. Next time I drive up North I know where i'm spending the night for a good nights rest!

• Stayed February 2011
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2010

Stopped in at this property for one night on our way from Sacramento to Anaheim. The title says it all: clean, quiet, comfortable.

The breakfast spread was typical for Fairfield - fruit, pastries, and the famous microwave breakfast sandwich. Of course, a free breakfast anywhere is great.

The room was standard and clean. Overall, a nice place to hang your hat for a few nights.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2010

Fast check-in; no free breakfast but there was a full breakfast offered on weekend, which seemed over priced for what was offered. Overnight stay only.

Hotel and pool were clean

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Travelingonabudget
Tamworth, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2010

Had a Queen suite which meant we had a settee and coffee table as well as kitchen area. This was a real change after nearly two weeks of standard queen bedded rooms. Excellent and friendly staff too. Enjoyed the jacuzzi and the indoor pool too.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Delight57
Cambridge, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 October 2009

I am originally from Visalia, and came into town to visit my family. I found that the Fairfield Inn was very reasonably priced; I was quoted a rate of $89.99 over the phone. This came with free breakfast, internet and gym passes to a local gym. Upon arrival I was greeted by an extremely friendly staff who made me feel welcome and very at home. Checkin was super fast and easy. It took less than one minute to register and get the keys to my room. I was pleasantly surprised to find that once I had settled into my room, I got a call from the Front Desk to make sure my room was up to par and see if I needed anything. This was a nice touch. On my way back from dinner I came back to find they had fresh baked chocolate chip cookies in the lobby. I did not take advantage of the indoor pool and spa, however, it did look very inviting. All in all, I would say this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at! I come to Visalia often to visit with friends and family and would definitely choose the Fairfield Inn over any hotel. There is just a sense of comfort staying here. The hotel itself is just average. Everything is very tasteful, but there is nothing extra fancy about the rooms or the decor. The room and bathroom were both immaculate. I could tell the housekeepers had really done a thorough job cleaning the room. It was cleaner than my own home. The hospitality of the staff and the homelike feeling is what really puts this hotel over the top. The staff was constantly asking if I needed anything, they helped me with directions and gave me movie times. They were genuinely caring and very helpful. I give the Visalia Fairfield Inn a BIG THUMBS UP!!!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends