All reviews convention center concierge lounge two blocks hardwood floors room service nice hotel front desk staff business trip the air conditioning full service sequoia national park downtown restaurants visit sequoia breakfast buffet clean rooms nice room upon check
Reviewed October 2, 2018

Check in was a bit odd, I requested at room away from the lifts and I ended up with a room near the lifts. So I went back to the front desk and requested another room. The worker at the front desk was able to find me another room. My room was redone in a newer almost W type hipster fashion. Not sure if I like the smooth surface floor. I am sure it is easier to clean but it makes the room nosy. Might be more slippery to walk on.
The room was clean. Everything worked fine. I had breakfast at the property restaurant and breakfast was good and the worker there for each of my three mornings was excellent, very fast and alert. The property gym was good. I stayed at this property because business required me to be in the Fresno area and this property was rated as one of the best full service properties in the area. Downtown Visialia was a short walk area with my local restaurants. I would probably stay at this property again if I needed to spend the night again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

They are prejudice when it comes to looks. And unless you walk in looking like you are light skinned rich people they will treat you like second class.
Before my wife (Caucasian American ) and I (Mexican American) got married my parents offered to pay for a large portion of our wedding and so my wife and our wedding party started looking at venues. I dressed as if I had a big interview as did my wife and our wedding party, and went to look at venues that we had called and set appointments to see.

All the places we visited were professional but my wife had her heart set on the Marriott.

We had an appointment set with the sales rep at 2pm on a Friday. We called out of work and arrived 5minutes early.

First incident, we were not greeted so nicely at the front counter. In fact the man at the reception, didn't even hide that he was looking us up and down. I plastered a smile on my face, bit my tongue, and greeted him professionally. We let him know we were there to see the sales rep and he just gestured for us to sit in the lobby and that they would get to us soon. We sat there for an hour, we saw the manager walk by and let him know what was going on and he also looked us up and down, but he actually went and asked for the sales rep. He came back and told us that the sales rep had no such appointment and then scolded us for not making one.... an event in the hall we were wanting to look at had ended as we got there, so we asked if we could just take a look at it. He obliged and walked away... didn't even offer to show it to us. So we walk around the hall and my wife though a little taken aback by how we were treated, got stars in her eyes as we visualized our reception in there.

We ran into janitorial workers who were much more friendly than anyone else we had talked to at this point and answered our questions on the hall. About 5minutes into our tour, I noticed that security guards kept coming in and watching us not even trying to be discreet. We hadn't even been looking at the hall for more than 10min and one approached us asking us to leave. I ask if there was another event and they said no but they didn't want us in there. I tried to explain that the manager said we could look at the hall, and were told that the manager called them to remove us. I was appalled! But politely abliged.

We got outside I was fuming, my wife was in tears, and our friends were shocked. We had been to 20 venues over the last month and not one had treated us like this.

I let my parents know and my mother went into mama bear mode and called the Marriott asking them what the hell happened.
Apparently they didn't honor their appointment and kicked us out because we didn't "look" like we could afford to rent out the venue for a wedding. I could under stand if I went in pj pants and slippers but we were all wearing our Sunday's best. My mother chewed them out, and let them know they lost out on a 300+ guest wedding.
They didn't care, no apology, they just gave snide remarks and hung up.

I will never use a Marriott Hotel ever again. That includes the convention center attached to it too. I tell this to all my family and friends. Don't give a cent to these people.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Josh-Chloe R
carrie g, General Manager at Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2018

Josh-Chloe R,
I read your recent feedback. My name is Carrie Groover, the general manager of our hotel and a long time Marriott associate. I wanted to assure you that as a Marriott Hotel, in all states, cities and countries, we embrace and embody diversity in our very culture. Our team and our guests here at Visalia Marriott are very diverse. We come from various backgrounds, and that by far is what makes your feedback uncharacteristic of our team and the culture we embody.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

When we travel, the wheelchair accessibility is always a first consideration. The room and bathroom were perfect. The bathroom was large and ADA compliant like few others we have experienced. There were 5 or 6 handicap parking spaces and they seemed to fill up by late afternoon everyday we were there. Walking/rolling up to the town center took about 10 minutes and offered some other dining options. We ate at a dinner and a breakfast at the hotel and they were good but nothing special, service was pleasant and excellent. They offered toiletries from a company called Thann and I have fallen in love with these and purchased them from Marriott when I got home. Our stay here was superb! Thank you Marriott for you attention to detail in a great ADA room.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2018 via mobile

We came to the Marriott to relax but instead experienced long waits for elevators while groups of kids were racing up and down, not letting others on, and jumping in them. Then, we went to the pool and it was full of all the same kids - and parents - swimming in Street clothes. Marriott should watch these crazy groups and require swim suits in the pool and hot tub. It ruins the stay for people with proper hotel etiquette.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon B
stevenhS3377MS, Director of Sales at Visalia Marriott at the Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2018

Sharon B,

We thank you for staying with us. I sincerely apologize for your negative experience in regard to our other guests, I also apologize for any inconvenience this caused you as well. In a commitment to guest satisfaction, I will certainly share this feedback with the appropriate members of our hotel team to enhance our areas of opportunity. We do hope you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to Visalia.

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

The rooms are very spacious and recently renewed, no comments about that. But the staff at the restaurant was so friendly, just fantastic! Mayra, our waitress, was so enthusiastic, we never had such a great service. I ate a pizza, which was freshly made, really good! Mayra, you’re the best waitress we ever had!

Stayed: August 2018