“Great pupusas at decent price”

Las Pupusas Mama Lita
Ranked #45 of 235 Restaurants in Vista
Cuisines: Salvadoran
Reviewed July 22, 2014

It is very easy to mess us pupusas (over cook, be stingy with the meat, etc). Fortunately, Mama Lita doesn't do this. The pupusas were decently sized and cooked perfectly. We had the pork, chicken and shrimp pupusas. I have eaten take-out here for work but this was the first time ordering for my family.
The slaw was great and the salsa had a better bitterness to it (works well with pupusas, go with hot salsa for chips). Lastly, the prices are cheap (each is different but the average is about $3) and the service is good.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

My first time having Pupusas, well actually my first time having Salvadorian food. The restaurant is small, cute, and clean. The service was really good, the gentleman helping us was fast, helpful and made some very good food recommendations. I tried two different Pupusas, one mixed and one with zucchini. Both were very tasty, I couldn't decided which one I liked better. You are meant to put this slaw type stuff on it as well as salsa. I am not one for slaw so I passed on that topping but did find adding the salsa on top was nice. I wish the salsa had been spicier but it was still good. I will be back again to enjoy Pupusas soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2011

I love the staff here -- friendly and happy to explain the menu, ingredients and preparation, if you have never had Salvadoran food. It's incredibly cheap ($2 for a pupusa; you might need 2) but they still take the time to prepare each one by hand to order. Drinks (Horchata, Jamaica, Jamarind, juices, etc) are made from scratch in the restaurant, too. The pupusas arrive packed full of oozing cheese with handmade sauces and cabbage on the side. I cannot recommend it enough!

3  Thank Kimjoy_Vista