Holiday Inn Express Walnut Creek
US$129
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Motel 6 Walnut Creek(Walnut Creek)
US$90
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Walnut Creek Marriott(Walnut Creek)
US$159
  • Restaurant
US$199
US$189
  • Pool
Diablo Mountain Inn(Walnut Creek)
US$99
Lafayette Park Hotel & Spa(Lafayette)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$109
Hotels.com
HYATT house Pleasant Hill(Pleasant Hill)
US$139
Courtyard by Marriott Pleasant Hill(Pleasant Hill)(Great Value!)
US$139
All reviewsunderground parkingfront deskbiscuits and gravychick filbreakfast roomwednesday nighthour fitnesssoy milkroad noisefree breakfastwould stay here againyogurtnice lobbysan francisconice breakfastminute drivebart station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I have have to stay at quite a few hotels (to say the least) along with several co workers through out the year. We all had the pleasure of staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Walnut Creek, Ca. When we arrived the front desk staff greeted us all with a warm and welcoming reception! The rooms are very clean, as well as the entire hotel. I however requested to be in a room with certain feature accommodations. The front desk clerk, Margaret, all though very busy, was extremely helpful making sure that my needs were met. She kept a pleasant and sincere smile all the while! Not only did she give it her all to meet my needs, she treated us all as though we were all #1 guests! I along with many of my associates will always choose this site because of the gracious service this young lady provided us. Big Thanks and appreciation to Margaret!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I stayed about ten days in the Holiday Inn in Walnut Creek and can recommend it especially to price sensitive bookers. The key advantages and disadvantages are:

Pros:
- Good value for money
- Spacious, clean rooms
- Friendly staff

Cons:
- Very noisy and drafty, outdated air condition/heating under the window
- Low budget breakfast with a lack of fresh food; paper plates

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 October 2011

The staff was very helpful. The room was clean and quiet. The breakfast was also pretty good. Many of my co-worker like the place too. Not far from bay (SF) area.

Room Tip: Silvia a front counter staff is a friendly and helpful person.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Stayed here for a week with my partner on an 8 day trip to San Francisco.

The areas itself is lovely with hills and greenery and is close to the BART station at Pleasant Hill, a 6-8 minute walk. They have a suttle to the station that operates weekdays 8-4pm within (3 mile radius).

We chose not to rent a car in SF as it really was not necssary with all the transport options. You can get the pittsburg Bay area train from the airport direct to Pleasant Hill. It takes about an hour. If the shuttle has stopped running and you do not feel like walking there is alos a bus from the station to outside the hotel which takes about 3 minutes and costs $2 We rarely had to use this option apart from once on a late return to the hotel when we were too tired to walk.

We travel alot and often stay at Holiday Inns. This was one of the best hotesl we have ever stayed in.

The room we were originally allocated overlooked the side of the hotel. The room itself was fine. It would have been OK for a short trip. The next morning we asked if a change to a poolside room was possible. The gentleman at reception a young hsipanic looking guy sorted this out within 10 minutes. The room was identical but had a nicer view of the pool area and had a fridge and microwave.

We were checked in by lady named Sylvia who was wonderful and helpful.

On the first night we were too tired to go out. There was a god chinese restarant less than 5 minutes walk which seemed popular with the locals. I would recommend this place.

I felt the area was safe even in the evenings.

I usally like to stay slightly ot of town when I travel. The BART got you into town within 30 minutes with no changes.

The bathrooms and rooms were clean. The bed was bliss. We used the jacuzzi near the pool. The pool and jacuzzi are open 10-10. There was adequate storage space in the room to hang clothes etc. The aircon/heating worked well though we did not need to use them.

The train goes through some beautiful country areas. It was worth the travel and
I would stay here again.

The place is pet friendly. It was very quiet and peaceful. We loved it. We had originally chosen a place closer to town but am glad we changed our minds.

Room Tip: Pool side looks nicer
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charlie67
Reviewed 16 October 2011

The staff was very helpful. The room was clean and quiet. The breakfast was also pretty good. My family will definitely visit again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family